foreign student damages 10 planes

The guy is a jerk, hopefully never flies professionally after this. One of the comments said he was sentenced to 263 days in jail.

I feel bad for the planes. They did nothing to deserve that.

Also, what’s “foreign” got to do with it?

Good lord.
I like how he just asked after being arrested "how much prison time?", it's probably where the guy belongs for a year or two while he mentally sorts himself out.
But I'm glad he was denied his solo and went on this vandalism binge. Cuz can you imagine a guy with this temperament like this making it through flight training and becoming a commercial pilot?
Thankfully now he's caught and this should effectively end his flying dreams and relegate him to a very different career.

He made a deal of it…

I’m not sure he’d make it past the English proficient part.

And we’re going to find out his instructors aren’t at all surprised.

I understand that these days it's quite unpopular, but back in the day they would blunt this type of stupidity with a thing they called a B.E.L.T. :dunno:

“Have you heard of India, the country?”

Isn't this a Federal crime or because the aircraft were parked, it's only local?

I can't tell, what exactly was the damage? I kept hearing "you can't pull" or something similar. It's obvious he did damage to the parked aircraft. Did he bend the throttle and/or the mixture control?

This is my old school, the majority of students are foreign. This guy should never get a driver’s license, let alone a pilot’s. If you can’t control your temper I don’t want you in control of any vehicle.

Wow.

Not the first time a wealthy foreign student has discovered that daddy's money won't buy a pilot certificate in the US, but this is over the top.

When I was learning to fly there was a student who was some kind of African prince who did solo, but then violated all kinds of regulations (including, I'm told, flying under a bridge). Diplomatic immunity protected him from prosecution, but it didn't stop the flight school from kicking him out. What was really sad is that he had a roommate who was an ordinary citizen from the same country and a really nice guy, but he had to be subservient and grovel to this jerk.

Isn't this a Federal crime or because the aircraft were parked, it's only local?

I can't tell, what exactly was the damage? I kept hearing "you can't pull" or something similar. It's obvious he did damage to the parked aircraft. Did he bend the throttle and/or the mixture control?
Pretty sure he bent the throttle control on 12 planes to teach “Brett” a lesson. Sounds like he had very poor decision making ability. He said something about his weather decision making being an issue. I think he did teach Brett a lesson, the lesson being to get rid of students like this earlier rather than later.

Back