Flying commercial to New York City, which airport?

Newark for me. Flights are generally cheaper and so is the ground transportation. You're a straight shot to the Lincoln Tunnel or you can train it into Penn Station. They also have Newark shuttle busses which will run about $30 one-way IIRC.

www.aa.com thinks there are daily flights between DFW and EWR. Otherwise I wouldn't even consider it.

You are correct about status. Not much beats Executive Platinum. (American equivalent of United 1K)
AA must have restarted those cause for a couple of years [prob until the USAir merger] they had pulled out of EWR. They're back in a few places since then - notably Burbank around here.

But if you are going to be doing DFW-EWR/JFK/LGA weekly for a while - I'd definitely buy an aairpass . . .

@labbadabba - there are no non-stop flights on AA to HPN from DFW - only go through ORD and you're just asking for trouble there-

AA must have restarted those cause for a couple of years [prob until the USAir merger] they had pulled out of EWR. They're back in a few places since then - notably Burbank around here.

But if you are going to be doing DFW-EWR/JFK/LGA weekly for a while - I'd definitely buy an aairpass . . .

@labbadabba - there are no non-stop flights on AA to HPN from DFW - only go through ORD and you're just asking for trouble there-

My comment re: KHPN was directed at another poster who lives in CT who flys into Stewart. I guess if she's up in Danbury or something that makes sense. KHPN is great if you're flying around the East Coast. But yeah, I don't think there are many direct flight options coming from the West.

Unless you're coming from Chicago or Atlanta, you're pickin's at HPN are pretty lean.

Really, not KHPN?

Never been to HPN... I live in CT but have a cabin in NY about a half hour drive from SWF, so that makes it more convenient (any excuse to stay overnight at the cabin). And even straight from CT, I can shoot out Rt. 84 and I'm right there.

Back