Facebook Censorship Strikes Again

Daniel Millican

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Dan Millican
Hey guys-- a handy site that was a clearing house for aviation incident news traffic was unceremoniously scrubbed by the wise FB censors. We don't know why. But basically this guy would get the NTSB feeds and others like it and copy and paste so we'd know what's going on in the aviation world. He didn't ever do accident analysis or proffer speculation or opinions. Group was called Aviation Accidents and Incidents / NTSB Case Studies. Anyone have a clue as to why FB would delete the Page?Accidents.png

just a guess but I think it goes against their community standards. :dunno:

My guess a complaint of this form lead to Facebook removing it, probably on PII grounds.

Note I have absolutely no idea if this is the case, just noting what I found from a fast Google. But the PII angle seems the most likely looking at Facebooks content guidelines.

Also “censors”? Why are you making this so politically charged. Yeesh.

Hey guys-- a handy site that was a clearing house for aviation incident news traffic was unceremoniously scrubbed by the wise FB censors. We don't know why. But basically this guy would get the NTSB feeds and others like it and copy and paste so we'd know what's going on in the aviation world. He didn't ever do accident analysis or proffer speculation or opinions. Group was called Aviation Accidents and Incidents / NTSB Case Studies. Anyone have a clue as to why FB would delete the Page?View attachment 134080
Maybe the NTSB bitched about it. Like the guy was getting internal communications and making them public???

To be censored you can only publish facts. If there is misinformation and conspiracy theories, it has to stay up. That is the rule.
Everyone knows that.

Tim (could not resist)

Just....Wow! I loved that page. There is always something to learn from an accident and waiting on the NTSB to give a final report 3 years from now nobody will remember it. Surprised FB gave it the death penalty without even a comment period or possibility of review. I guess we're learning there is no such thing as "free press" anymore.

He explicitly mentioned Trump in the next one?
Aside from that, "censorship" was the word of the week. The title could have read "Facebook Mods strike again"...maybe not as clickbaity.

Back