Eugene Cernan, the last man on the moon, passes away

I JUST watched "The Last Man on the Moon" on Netflix about 5 days ago. Admirable guy.

RIP

Lest we forget, he went to the Moon TWICE! Soak that in folks...

Our heroes and trailblazers are leaving us too soon! Tailwinds and God Speed Gene.

Rest in peace.

65_years.png

https://xkcd.com/893/

"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space - each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."

Thank you Captain Cernan, and especially for always inspiring the young to pick up where you left off with those last footprints some day. I hoped he would live to see that day but I'm sure someone he has inspired will do so someday.

I met him several times and chatted. Nice guy.

RIP

I met him briefly at the Appleton airport on my way back from EAA AirVenture a couple of years. He was gracious to this excited Merritt Island boy. A tireless advocate of manned space exploration, he will be sorely missed.

"Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there"

In the Shadow of the Moon (2007) is another good documentary that Gene is in.

RIP

Was a great man who did great things and you would never know it if you met him. He was the most humble person. The world needs more heroes like Gene.

By the way, Need to change the title of this thread, he ALLEGEDLY walked on the moon :sosp::idea:

Back