• all of the time

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • some of the time

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • none of the time

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • whatdafuq is swipe to type?

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • no because the government tracks fingerprints on smartphones and my name is definitely not edfred

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
I go thru phases where I like it and use it for a little while but I end up going back to good ol' thumb typing, which I HATE on iPhone, those little keys are way too small. anyways, it's a cool feature that I like but for some reason don't use 100% of the time.

Assswipe 80% of the time and speech to test 20% of the time.
Both intro duce lots of type ohs but I don't care. duckin dill with it.

I never ever thumb type. How long has iphone had swipe? Android gave it to us in 2009.

Hate it.
Spend too much time correcting what the phone *thinks* I meant to say!
. . . but then I'm also the nerd who rarely abbreviates either.

Did Apple finally introduce it? I use it constantly; it's one of the things that keeps me on Android. Yeah, I know there's a Google keyboard for Apple, but it didn't seem to work as well for some reason.

Occasionally it'll refuse to give me the word I want, but generally it works great and is infinitely faster than doing one letter at a time, especially once you get it trained.

I go thru phases where I like it and use it for a little while but I end up going back to good ol' thumb typing, which I HATE on iPhone, those little keys are way too small. anyways, it's a cool feature that I like but for some reason don't use 100% of the time.
What is swipe to type?

Did Apple finally introduce it? I use it constantly; it's one of the things that keeps me on Android. Yeah, I know there's a Google keyboard for Apple, but it didn't seem to work as well for some reason.

Occasionally it'll refuse to give me the word I want, but generally it works great and is infinitely faster than doing one letter at a time, especially once you get it trained.

iOs has had it for a while

not a fan of swipe to type. Too slow, too many errors. Better off hitting each little key.
Now that I think about it, I think the fastest and most accurate I was ever able to type on a phone was with my blackberry 15+ years ago.

not a fan of swipe to type. Too slow, too many errors. Better off hitting each little key.
Now that I think about it, I think the fastest and most accurate I was ever able to type on a phone was with my blackberry 15+ years ago.
Man I miss the physical keyboards. Hate the touch screen where I get like 4 letters at once.

Man I miss the physical keyboards. Hate the touch screen where I get like 4 letters at once.
Have you seen the movie "Blackberry"? There's a funny scene where the company is circling the drain and the CEO is yelling at analysts/investors "but it has a keyboard!"

I'll try swiping again as I'm sure it gets easier with practice. I'm soooo slow compared to my kids. When they text their thumbs move like Steve Austin's legs in the Six Million Dollar Man. There, I aged myself twice in one post.

I just let auto complete and it is a little better. The English is a little bit of a day.

Depew to tpa is always accurates.

(Swipe to type is always accurate, typed by swiping) :cool:

Q: How could you tell the mechanic was lazy?

A: He used auto complete.

I didn’t even know iPhone had that. I suck at either one. Or the phone does, whatever.

What really blows is, I’m currently carrying an iPhone 14 Pro Max. I got this stupid thing because I got tired of trying to use the tiny little keyboard on a regular size iPhone. Unfortunately, it turns out I can’t type any better on this one. Now I’m stuck with a giant half pound phone that won’t fit in most pockets or anything else. I’m just too cheap to go buy a different one.

I see all the young ppl tapping, not swiping. I swipe mostly.
I figured they youngsters are ahead of me because of their normally superior tech knowledge, but can't make myself tap.

I swipe most of the time. It’s been on the iPhone for quite a while now.

Auto correct still sucks.

The text editing feature is also bad. (E.G., you make a typo or want to change what you said earlier in the paragraph.)

I swipe pretty much always on the iPhone, and proofread before sending or posting. One thing about autocorrect that really irks me is the automatic censoring of swear words. I read once that it’s intended to prevent people from inadvertently sending things that could get them in trouble. I say, let them get in dutch, and they’ll start proofreading. And get some friends or coworkers with thicker skin. A little cussing often greatly clarifies communication in an unequivocal and most efficient manner.

I turned auto everything off and just type it out. I generally have things set to maximize friction and inconvenience so as to deter the use of the neon god we made.

I bought a cheap azz bluetooth keyboard to use with the phone, useful for longer responses like this one. It is small/light enough to easily take with on trips and if it gets damaged, so what, just buy another cheap azz keyboard.

When not using the keyboard I make lots of miss steaks.IMG_7851.jpeg

Back