Desser v VSE

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Seems like Desser's site used to provide a lot more descriptives and photos for their products before sold to VSEaviation; maybe it's not loading on my machine?
Any other sources for info?
finding it difficult to buy with such a paucity of info as:VSE.png

Nothing like throwing away a brand name that you built up loyalty toward, to use an impersonal corporate set of letters. Not too smart. At the very least they could have kept it as a division name for marketing.

I bought a pair of Desser Monster retreads for my 182P and have been very happy with them. The treads are deeper, tire a slightly larger diameter, and much heavier. The quality is there, but I'd only buy factory new tires next time largely due to the added weight, which is noticeable.

Also take caution to readjust the mud scrappers on the wheel pants as tires flex and will grab the scrappers if not spaced correctly due to the slightly larger diameter. A common mistake when retreads are installed.

Last edited:
Nothing like throwing away a brand name that you built up loyalty toward, to use an impersonal corporate set of letters. Not too smart. At the very least they could have kept it as a division name for marketing.
I had the exact same reaction when I heard of the sale and name change. Desser has decades of good will attached to its name. I don't understand why VSE didn't just buy the company and continue to run it under the Desser name.

I bought a pair of Desser Monster retreads for my 182P and have been very happy with them. The treads are deeper, tire a slightly larger diameter, and much heavier. The quality is there, but I'd only buy factory new tires next time largely due to the added weight, which is noticeable.

Also take caution to readjust the mud scrappers on the wheel pants as tires flex and will grab the scrappers if not spaced correctly due to the slightly larger diameter. A common mistake when retreads are installed.
:yeahthat:

Ask me how I know.
15-0913 tire problem 001 - sized.jpg

Wilkerson has the correct items, answered swiftly, great price.
Going to be hard not to think “Desser” in future.
I'm just glad there's an alternative. Been a Desser customer for a long time, but they sold out to a faceless company, their prices aren't any better than anyone else's any more, and I was dreading my next purchase. I think I know where it's going now.

I'm just glad there's an alternative. Been a Desser customer for a long time, but they sold out to a faceless company, their prices aren't any better than anyone else's any more, and I was dreading my next purchase. I think I know where it's going now.
Yeah. I was surprised at their history and product. And also surprised I had never heard of them. You can even specify what core you want.

Desser actually sold to a private equity firm back in 2014. But that firm offloaded it to vse last summer.

Last edited:
Back