Continental engine distributors other than Air Power

turbosuper

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
turbosuper
Is it possible to purchase a Continental engine new or rebuilt from someone other than Air Power? Continental will only sell direct if they do the installation. Both Textron and Boeing/Aviall are unable to provide a quote. This is essentially giving Air Power a monopoly on the engine sales. I would prefer to not purchase from Air Power since their customer service is really bad. Does this mean I am unable to purchase a Continental engine?

Does this mean I am unable to purchase a Continental engine?
There are some other smaller dealers but they don't advertise like Air Power does. Maybe look on TAP for leads. There were also a couple Canadian companies that would sell new engines south of the border but no clue if still an option.

Any reason why buying an OH'd engine would'nt work or have your current engine OH'd as it would give you more options?

I would like to minimize down time.
Yup know what you mean. Early 2020 I received a zero hour rebuilt Lycoming from Airpower in 12 weeks. They said 7-9 weeks back then.
Did the swap in a week during 4th July weekend.
In the good ole days when engines were cheaper and easier to get.

I was happy with the service I got from Airpower.

I bought mine direct from the factory. Of course, I was royally ****ed off with them, but I had no choice.

Back