Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Salty

Touchdown! Greaser!
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Salty
Please only respond if you've tried them both in a running aircraft side by side. Also, please ignore fit issues, if one didn't feel good or fit right, don't respond if you feel it impacted the headsets performance, or ignore that part of the equation if you don't think it mattered.

I’ve tried both in the same planes, same seats, same power settings. For my hearing, the Zulu has better sound clarity and is slightly quieter. I couldn’t tell if it was the particular frequencies their systems were tuned to, the fit, ear seals or a combination.

I own one of each. Best I can tell is that they are the same but different. I think the Zulu sounds better but the Bose is very slightly quieter.

Physically, the Bose is lighter and clamps a little looser.

Interesting so far.

Some context. I bought a helmet with built in Zulu's. I've been using Bose for years. The Zulu in the helmet sucks. I mean not just a little worse than the Bose, it's so bad that it's almost better with the ANR turned off completely. And the fit seems fine. I'm going to play with that a bit, but I really don't think it's the cups not sealing that's the problem. I'm getting really loud high pitch air and engine noise coming through.

I like the mic on the Zulus better, but think the noise protection/hearing clarity on the Bose are much better than the Zulus. In the Zulus I feel like I'm in a tunnel, with the Bose - a quiet room.

Interesting so far.

Some context. I bought a helmet with built in Zulu's. I've been using Bose for years. The Zulu in the helmet sucks. I mean not just a little worse than the Bose, it's so bad that it's almost better with the ANR turned off completely. And the fit seems fine. I'm going to play with that a bit, but I really don't think it's the cups not sealing that's the problem. I'm getting really loud high pitch air and engine noise coming through.
on thing I have had happen on the Zulu's is the microphone gets turned sideways and then the noise cancelling doens't work well especially when talking as you have to turn the squelch way down (up?) for it to pickup you voice. Easy to twist the mike back into position, but need to know you need to do that.

Brian

on thing I have had happen on the Zulu's is the microphone gets turned sideways and then the noise cancelling doens't work well especially when talking as you have to turn the squelch way down (up?) for it to pickup you voice. Easy to twist the mike back into position, but need to know you need to do that.

Brian
Exactly. I learned this the hard way. The other hint was everyone on the radio complaining about low transmission

Need to clarify Bose A20 vs A30- I've heard significant complaints about the "updated" Bose vs the old A20s (which I own and love).

My wife has Zulu 3 and I have A20. I don't notice a huge difference in ANR between the two. Her head just fits the Zulu better and mine fits the A20 better.

Back