Best cell provider, other than TMobile Senior 55?

bluesideup

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
bluesideup
Hi everyone.
It looks like TMobile is not allowing customers to access their Voice mail unless they change their password instantly they also increased their rate to 70-75 / month with direct Bank account access.
Is there something better in CA that anyone is using, that you can rely on, and not have worry about getting a different unexpected charge every month like Spectrum...
Thanks.

Consumer Cellular?
They run off both AT&T and T-Mobile towers, so coverage is pretty good. But there are spots out west, so look closely at their map for your location(s). If they don't have coverage in spots using both of those networks, either network by itself would likely not be any better. If that coverage isn't good enough for your location, you might check Verizon. I'm not a Spectrum fan in any fashion.
I'd get the unlimited plan only, and you shouldn't get unexpected charges. I only had them for a month or two, as a temporary secondary phone, and they bill on a tiered data usage structure so you never knew how much the bill would be exactly. The coverage was better than T-Mobile only, which is my primary (business) line.
AARP members get a discount if that applies.

1721931537568.png

Hi.
Thank you. I was looking at them and they seem to have a good reputation / service.
TMobile has changed a lot recently and I think it's time to dump them now.
I will be testing CS and post my opinion in the future.

Oh man, there are so many cheaper cellphone plans. Depending on what you want for data, Tello is $9 a month according to Clark.com. There's also Mint Mobile, Visible, Cricket, and a ton of other plans, either discount versions of the big companies (like Visible is for Verizon) or just MVNOs that buy access to their towers.

There's no reason to spend $70 a month on one line anymore.

Do you have a home Internet provider? Do they offer a cellular bundle?

EDIT: I noticed you mentioned Spectrum, which I guess may (or may not) be your home Internet provider. What do you mean by "a different unexpected charge every month"? Their advertising their bundle as unlimited talk/text/data at $30/month for 2 lines.

Last edited:
We have two Tello lines in our house. Cheap and have been competent
Hi Thank you, I will look at that also, I am now committed to evaluate CS, may take a week, they have 45 days trial period.

What do you mean by "a different unexpected charge every month"? Their advertising their bundle as unlimited talk/text/data at $30/month for 2 lines.
I've had Spectrum, FIOS..., and typically the way they work it they have a front group that quotes a certain price, installation gets done, and your first bill is at least 30% more the first month then it keep increasing / changing higher every month. It's a free for all. How they get away with it? Greasing the wheels of the political commies in CA. They blame it on the difference / changes in taxes, and other imposed / requested charges by other gov. entities..., just an excuse.

I've had Spectrum, FIOS..., and typically the way they work it they have a front group that quotes a certain price, installation gets done, and your first bill is at least 30% more the first month then it keep increasing / changing higher every month. It's a free for all. How they get away with it? Greasing the wheels of the political commies in CA. They blame it on the difference / changes in taxes, and other imposed / requested charges by other gov. entities..., just an excuse.
Concur. I had Charter at my home and would pay a few hundred whenever I received a bill to decrease the frequency I had to remit payment. They would not mail a bill when I had a credit on my account. Eventually I received a bill and noticed they had started charging me for modem rental a long time previously. Problem was I had bought my modem years previously. When I contacted them they said 1: I would have to prove the modem was mine, then 2: they would not give me a refund for the bogus modem charges for more than the last statements charge. In my opinion it is a corrupt organization. Unfortunately, in my area, we have limited options. Lack of competition due to regional monopolies...

For the op, I have been very happy with mint mobile.

Last edited:
Back