Any Hunters in Here?

Solved most of that part already. Built an AR10 (LR308) in .308 w/20" barrel. Also bought a Tikka T3X in .308, simply for a lighter option when one purely hunting. Chose .308 mostly due to short action, tolerable recoil, and ease of finding a variety of .308 rounds pretty much anywhere ammo is sold.

If I go to a long action at some point, I'll probably go 300wm, or maybe 7mm rem mag.
Yeah, I built a AR-10 in .243 bull brrl with a ridiculously expensive Japanese Scope. Very flat trajectory and very fast follow-up shots

Yeah, I built a AR-10 in .243 bull brrl with a ridiculously expensive Japanese Scope. Very flat trajectory and very fast follow-up shots
March scope? My preferred long range competition scope. However, Schmidt and Bender make some eyewatering pricy optics...but outstanding. They came out with one designed for long range target shooting but only available in the European market...6.5 AMU's. My current March Majesta was 4.5 AMU's and now S&B one ups them....sheesh!

I went with a carbon fiber barrel from Proof Research on mine, paired with a Zeiss S3 optic that isn't top of the line but certainly not terrible. Japanese Schott glass.

Question for the gallery: Deal or No-Deal: newer (not vintage/historic) Henry lever action 30-30, never fired, w/soft sided gun case, $400. Always thought having a 30-30 would be fun to have, iron sights, likely just as a target/plinking gun although plinking with $1.20/rd isn't the cheapest option.

If you want a .30-30, buy it. It’s not really a target shooting caliber, it’s a 100-yard deer in the brush gun.

For a lever-action fun gun, look at .357/.38spl chamberings, then look at SASS Cowboy Action Shooting and you’ll wind up with a coach gun, a lever action, and two SAAs shooting bunny fart .38 loads and it’ll be the best fun you’ve ever had.

then look at SASS Cowboy Action Shooting and you’ll wind up with a coach gun, a lever action, and two SAAs shooting bunny fart .38 loads and it’ll be the best fun you’ve ever had.

Armament for CAS pales in comparison to the expenses of owning and maintaining the horse....

Armament for CAS pales in comparison to the expenses of owning and maintaining the horse....

True, but the horse is a side match in most CAS matches if it’s even offered.

Back