Another crash at OSH?

I said it somewhere. Take the average rate of GA crashes, multiply by the number of aircraft converging on Oshkosh, and I bet you get a crash or two.

NOT a crash but an incident.

Veering off the runway and collapsing the nose gear isn't a crash? Maybe it's not an accident in the NTSB sense of the word, but he's not going to fly it out of there.

Maybe it's not an accident in the NTSB sense of the word, but he's not going to fly it out of there.

Then you've never had the honor of working with the repair shack at Oshkosh. Those folks could make one of those porta-potties fly if they had to.

Jim

I said it somewhere. Take the average rate of GA crashes, multiply by the number of aircraft converging on Oshkosh, and I bet you get a crash or two.

...and it does happen every year.

Veering off the runway and collapsing the nose gear isn't a crash? Maybe it's not an accident in the NTSB sense of the word, but he's not going to fly it out of there.

Bet he does. The repair facility there is top notch.

And a nose gear collapse does not meet the criteria for a "crash" in my book.

Bet he does. The repair facility there is top notch.

Look at what old Vikings are worth. The insurance company might total it.

And a nose gear collapse does not meet the criteria for a "crash" in my book.

If your nose gear collapses when weight is put on it, no it's not a crash. But when you dart off the runway and collapse the gear, what the hell else do you call it? Off-road adventure?

Back