ADHD Fast Track - Still Reviewed by AMCD?

vectorstofinal

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
vectorstofinal
Hello -

I recently went through the ADHD "fast track" and received my medical in May of 2024. Unfortunately, I neglected to put my middle name on my medexpress form and my medical does not match the name on my pilot certificate. The AME was unable to change the name on the medical, and I had to contact OKC. I'm coming up on my PPL checkride and trying to get this resolved as quickly as possible. According to OKC, my case is 'currently pending medical review at AMCD'. I'm guessing this means my medical is in the same pile of deferred medicals that are going through review, and I'm going to be subject to a significant wait time. Obviously my fault; I either didn't consider the implications of not putting my middle name on medexpress or just simply missed it. I've reached out to OKC and my Northwest Mountain regional flight surgeon but neither have any timeline or information for me.

I suppose I'm making this post to ask if anyone has any ideas of where my application sits, any advice, or insider knowledge of what else my application will have to go through? Timetables?

Thanks for the wealth of information on this forum and to all who contribute to it.

Hello -

I recently went through the ADHD "fast track" and received my medical in May of 2024. Unfortunately, I neglected to put my middle name on my medexpress form and my medical does not match the name on my pilot certificate. The AME was unable to change the name on the medical, and I had to contact OKC. I'm coming up on my PPL checkride and trying to get this resolved as quickly as possible. According to OKC, my case is 'currently pending medical review at AMCD'. I'm guessing this means my medical is in the same pile of deferred medicals that are going through review, and I'm going to be subject to a significant wait time. Obviously my fault; I either didn't consider the implications of not putting my middle name on medexpress or just simply missed it. I've reached out to OKC and my Northwest Mountain regional flight surgeon but neither have any timeline or information for me.

I suppose I'm making this post to ask if anyone has any ideas of where my application sits, any advice, or insider knowledge of what else my application will have to go through? Timetables?

Thanks for the wealth of information on this forum and to all who contribute to it.
Wow, I’m so sorry. I really hope there is a faster solution vs. literally being at the bottom of a pile for a name correction. Hope you can get some help from this forum.

Just another example of how anitquated the systems are at the FAA.

Thanks for the reply. I suppose I may have the option to go back and get another medical done if it came down to it, but it might just confuse things further with the FAA. Plus the added expense and time to get it done. I'd rather just wait it out though.

Thanks for the reply. I suppose I may have the option to go back and get another medical done if it came down to it, but it might just confuse things further with the FAA. Plus the added expense and time to get it done. I'd rather just wait it out though.
Good luck!

Back