A Shameless Plug: Rhinebeck Jamboree- Sept 6, 7, 8

Shepherd

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Shepherd
The Rhinebeck Jamboree is this Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome, Rhinebeck, NY.
Large scale pre-WWII radio control in the all day Friday, RC flying in the morning, full scale show in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday.
Maybe I'm flying the Citabria in on Saturday and Sunday.
You can come say "Howdy" I will be in the "Safety" tent about half way down the flight line.
20230909_122142.jpg

The Rhinebeck Jamboree is this Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome, Rhinebeck, NY.
Large scale pre-WWII radio control in the all day Friday, RC flying in the morning, full scale show in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday.
Maybe I'm flying the Citabria in on Saturday and Sunday.
You can come say "Howdy" I will be in the "Safety" tent about half way down the flight line.
View attachment 133106
I haven't been able to go there is too many years, but I remember that as a great show. If I were close, I'd happily go.

Back then, a Citabria would be too "new" to fly there- planes that looked pre WW2 were allowed with prior permission.

Back then, a Citabria would be too "new" to fly there- planes that looked pre WW2 were allowed with prior permission.
If you fly in in a modern plane they'll just park you in back where nobody can see it. :)

I used to fly in back in the late 1980s in my T-Craft... but then it was a pre WW2 plane. But seriously, they're pretty easy nowadays, as long as you understand it's a short rough strip. A couple of years ago my BIL flew his RV-8 in and I met him there in my Hatz; another guy arrived in some kind of fat ultralight style LSA. Can't wait to do it again in the Parrakeet once I get it reassembled.

If you fly in in a modern plane they'll just park you in back where nobody can see it. :)

I used to fly in back in the late 1980s in my T-Craft... but then it was a pre WW2 plane. But seriously, they're pretty easy nowadays, as long as you understand it's a short rough strip. A couple of years ago my BIL flew his RV-8 in and I met him there in my Hatz; another guy arrived in some kind of fat ultralight style LSA. Can't wait to do it again in the Parrakeet once I get it reassembled.
I've flown the J-3 in a few times, and the PA-17, and yes, you do have to park across the field from the tourists. But you do get to chill with the show guys because they will wander over and ask you about your plane.
I was up there working all morning, getting ready for the show. People have been arriving since Monday.
20240904_105922.jpg

We will be there September 21/22. Looking forward to it.

Back