Wings of Hope Raffle GNS430 equipped 172

I have been losing a lot of sleep over this issue.

I think I am going to have to sell the Fairchild I am getting from EAA,
Keep the Sporty's RV in an indoor community hanger with our Tampico, and the Wings of Hope 172 and ATM 172 will have to go in T-hangars.

I hope the sale of the Fairchild will cover the taxes on the others

Coming up FAST!

The 2014 Cessna 172 "Save a Life Raffle"
is being held Saturday, July 12th, 11:00am
at Wings of Hope World Headquarters
18370 Wings of Hope Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63005
636-537-1302

Cool. my plan is to commercial out there and probably go ahead and stay a couple days since I have some vacation days.

I think I will take the 172 home via a western route through Kansas and then south stop and visit some friends on OKC before bringing it back home.

I just hope the weather cooperates.

so what do you think the odds are that someone here on POA wins this? We already have 2 members that have won their planes

TOMORROW IS THE DAY.

IF ANYONE HERE WINS, LET US KNOW!!

Last edited:
I'm guessing someone who is not home has been notified with an email and has yet to return the call.

If they arent on this forum and they won they should forfeit the plane! What nerve.

I'm certain I won, but i have not gotten the call yet either. I'm surprised the website doesn't at least list the winning tickets.

Usually when they raffle these planes they time them tax year wise so if one doesn't want to (or can't afford to) keep it, they can fly it the bulk of the year, and then sell it before the taxes come due (and pay the taxes with the proceeds).

Maybe the winner hasn't returned their calls.

Josh when you won, did they publish your name or winning ticket numbers before they got a hold of you?

Hadn't thought of that.

Do that real quick.
We'll wait.

uh, ok. so I just called the # listed on the link supplied in the first post. spoke with a nice lady who said that emails are being sent out today. there you have it.

and there ya go.......website updated with the winner. ask and ye shall receive!

Usually when they raffle these planes they time them tax year wise so if one doesn't want to (or can't afford to) keep it, they can fly it the bulk of the year, and then sell it before the taxes come due (and pay the taxes with the proceeds).

The taxes for my Wings of Hope plane came out to pocket change. And I do mean I could reach into my pocket and pay the bill with a couple of coins. It's a raffle plane, the charity can value the winnings as high or as LOW as they want. When the tax man asked me about it, I told them it was a charity raffle, and even sent them a link which showed the press release. They were fine with that and the taxes I paid.

The taxes for my Wings of Hope plane came out to pocket change. And I do mean I could reach into my pocket and pay the bill with a couple of coins. It's a raffle plane, the charity can value the winnings as high or as LOW as they want. When the tax man asked me about it, I told them it was a charity raffle, and even sent them a link which showed the press release. They were fine with that and the taxes I paid.

<$1 in taxes on an airplane?!

I wonder what amount the sales, property and fuel tax in related to that airplane over it's life would come up to.

Well, if it's valued low enough (as winning his plane), sales should be negligible. Property tax and fuel.. not to mention accrued maintenance (routine and otherwise) costs, on the other hand, would be up there. Still likely cheaper than renting so long as you go up fairly frequently.

I had to sell the airplane I bought to raise the tax money for the aircraft I won.

What'd you win?

This one:
666067.jpg

Did anyone else enter the 1940's Air Terminal Raffle? That drawing is tomorrow at 1pm I think.

Back