Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Found on line with no description

Attachments

• gallery_home.jpg
    gallery_home.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 208
Between the drag of the tundra tires and the height of the thrust line, there is a lot of nose down moment to overcome.

So noted. Please post your most-recent picture of a small-tire airplane with low thrust line sitting on that same snowfield.

Between the drag of the tundra tires and the height of the thrust line, there is a lot of nose down moment to overcome.

It looks like a supercub ran into an ultralight.

It's a picture of a red airplane sitting on snow........

It's an embarrassing story. You see, an Aviat Husky, a Lockwood Aircam and a Republic Seabee were hanging out at the Husky's house drinking. The night got late, they were all a little drunk, and the Seabee started making eyes at the the Aircam, who was admiring the Husky's build.
Tentative, joking inquiries were made, and at first they all laughed, but the liquor had made their natural curiosity turn into a desire for experimentation.
Then they all got freak nasty, right there in the Husky's hangar.
Two months later, the Seabee wasn't making her climb numbers and had a craving for chocolate and pickles. Seven months after that, out came the little one, pictured here on a skiing vacation.
Husky fled to Alaska, and is not providing 100 hour checks or annual support.

So noted. Please post your most-recent picture of a small-tire airplane with low thrust line sitting on that same snowfield.

Those tires would help it get along through the snow, wouldn't they? I love the lines. That kind of view would be marvelous in the mountains, wouldn't it? My bride would love taking pics out those windows.

I saw this posted on Supercub.org. It is a new clean sheet design of someone's idea of the perfect 2 place bush plane / supercub replacement. It is a one off experimental. What you can't see is the second engine which is a pusher mounted behind the front engine. The engines are mounted high to give major prop clearance. The wing is designed to be stol. And the view out the front is almost unrestricted.

Of course it is quite an ugly duckling...:dunno:

I wonder if it can survive a gentle nose-over without a propeller strike. Looks like it should.

It's an embarrassing story. You see, an Aviat Husky, a Lockwood Aircam and a Republic Seabee were hanging out at the Husky's house drinking. The night got late, they were all a little drunk, and the Seabee started making eyes at the the Aircam, who was admiring the Husky's build.
Tentative, joking inquiries were made, and at first they all laughed, but the liquor had made their natural curiosity turn into a desire for experimentation.
Then they all got freak nasty, right there in the Husky's hangar.
Two months later, the Seabee wasn't making her climb numbers and had a craving for chocolate and pickles. Seven months after that, out came the little one, pictured here on a skiing vacation.
Husky fled to Alaska, and is not providing 100 hour checks or annual support.

LOL - That is EXACTLY what I was thinking!

What good would a second engine do with something that light, other than as a back up? If it is rotax on there, it's gonna be pretty loud in that cockpit.

Cool! I like the tundra tires, but it would probably also do very well on floats.

It looks Italian for some reason. Maybe the red. Just intuition but if I had to guess I would say the builder doesn't speak english. I don't know why. I like the planes looks and that is a true glass cockpit.

Back