What are Currently the Best EFB’s for IPad?

ForeFlight - most features of them all but also carries the highest price. Best flight planning toolset.

Garmin Pilot - integrates well with a Garmin panel. Similar interface as well. Lots better f capabilities and features. Discount if you have a Garmin panel database subscription.

FlyQ - just screwed their lifetime customers (threads on this form). Clunky interface and no Garmin panel support. Poor flight planning too when compared to others. Many leaving the product due to recent actions on lifetime subscribers.

FltPlan Go - Clunky interface, FREE, did I say free? Georeferenced approach charts. Garmin connect support integrates well with Garmin panels. Flight planning tools weak in app(go to browser to do this). Has suite of other tools. Solid integration with FltPlan.com.

I’d go for the free FltPlan Go for now. See if does all you need. If not then look at something else.

ForeFlight - most features of them all but also carries the highest price. Best flight planning toolset.

Garmin Pilot - integrates well with a Garmin panel. Similar interface as well. Lots better f capabilities and features. Discount if you have a Garmin panel database subscription.

FlyQ - just screwed their lifetime customers (threads on this form). Clunky interface and no Garmin panel support. Poor flight planning too when compared to others. Many leaving the product due to recent actions on lifetime subscribers.

FltPlan Go - Clunky interface, FREE, did I say free? Georeferenced approach charts. Garmin connect support integrates well with Garmin panels. Flight planning tools weak in app(go to browser to do this). Has suite of other tools. Solid integration with FltPlan.com.

I’d go for the free FltPlan Go for now. See if does all you need. If not then look at something else.
Don't forget AvareX.

I've never had issues with the database updaters and such, have to admit to never using database concierge, what issues do you have?

Back