We will NEVER see this - A Short Rant on Petroleum

How is any of that "almost perpetual"? There is a constant input of energy and the output of energy is less than the input due to losses in things like friction which contrary to your previous statements ARE definable and calculable.

Well, technically, the input of energy equals the output of energy. The amount of useful work is less than the input energy, the remainder is wasted in frictional heating and other such mechanisms.

They are different, but share the same requirement for assumptions based on data that may or may not be directly observable.

It's a shame that no one in Sunday School was able to provide rational data to support various assertions, but it can be done. The difference is that a rational view eventually requires the believer to say, "And from here, we only have revelation/faith/assumption/hope/trust/etc..."

Far too often those that claim to be "scientific" fail to admit the host of presuppositions that undergird their certainties.

What presuppositions do you think scientists are making?

In order for something to qualify as a scientific theory, there has to be a way that the experimental data could turn out that would prove the theory false.

Is there a way that experimental data could turn out that would prove a religion false?

To paraphrase the oft-used meme on Slashdot:

"I, for one, welcome the coal-fired Chevy Volt and natural gas "peaker" plant Nissan Leaf electrical automobile overlords!"

(For those unaware, it's a long-running meme on Slashdot, and signifies significant sarcasm, amongst other things.)

To paraphrase the oft-used meme on Slashdot:

"I, for one, welcome the coal-fired Chevy Volt and natural gas "peaker" plant Nissan Leaf electrical automobile overlords!"

(For those unaware, it's a long-running meme on Slashdot, and signifies significant sarcasm, amongst other things.)

Probably traces back to the Homer In Space Simpson's episode and Kent Brockman's "I for one welcome our new Ant Overlords" line.

science.jpg

Back