We are in Row 514 Behind the Green Roof Showers

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
Look for the awning, the hotel banner, and the enormous blue tent!
--
Jay

I'm in Dallas. :-(

I'm along the road back up against the fence next to Friar Tucks row 550? Haven't figured out yet but it's next to row 549. The rows get all tangled here next to the fence corner so it might be 548.

I'm along the road back up against the fence next to Friar Tucks row 550? Haven't figured out yet but it's next to row 549. The rows get all tangled here next to the fence corner so it might be 548.

That's a great spot when you want dinner. Not so great for showers.

A couple of things to report:

- Garmin (as usual) trumped everyone with the new "must-have" device, the GDL-39 ADS-B receiver. Free weather and traffic on my Nexus 7 (or iPad, if you must)? Sold! I will let y'all know how it worked on the flight home.

- Speaking of the new Google Android tablet, it rocks. I flew up from Texas with the Nexus on one knee, and the iPad on the other. By the 2nd leg, the iPad - as always, too damned big to comfortably use - was stuffed in a seat pocket.

- One thing that hasn't changed in 30 years at OSH - no matter what time you take your shower, that will be when the Mustangs launch. Lol

More later.

What's the show price on the GDL-39? How do the features compare with the Sporty's unit?

That's a great spot when you want dinner. Not so great for showers.

A couple of things to report:

- Garmin (as usual) trumped everyone with the new "must-have" device, the GDL-39 ADS-B receiver. Free weather and traffic on my Nexus 7 (or iPad, if you must)? Sold! I will let y'all know how it worked on the flight home.

- Speaking of the new Google Android tablet, it rocks. I flew up from Texas with the Nexus on one knee, and the iPad on the other. By the 2nd leg, the iPad - as always, too damned big to comfortably use - was stuffed in a seat pocket.

- One thing that hasn't changed in 30 years at OSH - no matter what time you take your shower, that will be when the Mustangs launch. Lol

More later.

More later.

How would you know? :dunno: Just kidding, I can hear those Merlins purr from miles away.

Thanks for the updates.

Due to work problems, I may not be able to come up tomorrow during the day, but I'd like to still try to make the Hopps party. Do the gates close at a certain time, or do you think I can make it into the North 40 from the parking lots after 6:00pm?

How would you know? :dunno: Just kidding, I can hear those Merlins purr from miles away.

Thanks for the updates.

Due to work problems, I may not be able to come up tomorrow during the day, but I'd like to still try to make the Hopps party. Do the gates close at a certain time, or do you think I can make it into the North 40 from the parking lots after 6:00pm?

The perimeter gates in the N40 on the North side of Rwy 27 never lock. You could park at Friar Tucks or Hardee's and cut through the fence.

We are a good hike from either entrance, though,, being behind the green showers on the South side of Rwy 27.

What's the show price on the GDL-39? How do the features compare with the Sporty's unit?

Its $799. Show special includes a free battery and a half-year subscription.

The Sportys version only works with ForeFlight and iPads. -- way too limiting. They were having stability issues from the scuttlebutt at the Garmin tent.

It was a great party, Jay, Mary and Beca! Thanks!

And Adam, I'm conveying something for you next time I see you. Windwood?

Jay fantastic gathering and super hospitality, Alon, Aviv and I thank you!

Back