Van's RV Demo Team

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
I would LIKE to get home from work, but I can't take my eyes off of the AirVenture air show webcam. This demo team looks cool; what a sales tool for RVs! I'm not a homebuilt guy, but I just can't see Skyhawks and Cherokees doing this. :lol:

I'm now waiting for the overhead breaks! :D

Team RV is an incredibly dedicated formation flying group that is no nonsense when it comes to what they do. The qualifications needed are really tough, and training is grueling. A great group of aviators, and an inspiration to general aviation.

Team RV is an incredibly dedicated formation flying group that is no nonsense when it comes to what they do. The qualifications needed are really tough, and training is grueling. A great group of aviators, and an inspiration to general aviation.

Geico, are you heading up to AirVenture this year?

Yesterday, Team RV lead the way with an impressive formation showing the number "40" for the number of years Van had been selling aircraft kits. Van himself flew the very first plane he built RV-1 into OSH followed by an example of each model, and the new RV-14.

The RV-1 was the plane I helped work on last winter in TX. It has been on tour since in was finished this spring and now will be on display at OSH all week then donated to the EAA museum. It is a fitting place for it.

For those who may not know Van's Aircraft is the most successful kit plane company in the world. Even if you combined all of the others together, it still would not total the aircraft flying from Van's. Currently, there are over 7,800 Van's aircraft that have flown. Currently, they are out producing the certified plane manufacturers combined also.

BTW, Team RV is not in anyway sponsored by Van's Aircraft. They are a private group of guys and gals dedicated to formation flying RV's. They are as good as it gets.

Last edited:
They put on a helluva show, and were the talk of Airventure.

They do a great job and work hard at it. Mike Stewart, the leader, was our hangar mate until he moved up to NC from GA. His goal is to make Team RV and full-time venture.

Back