Used GA aircraft Prices

MFF25

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
MFF25
It has been a while since I have seen a discussion on used aircraft pricing on here. Any opinions on if they are trending down and thoughts on where they are headed in the near future? Is there any kind of database where you can see sale prices to compare comps? I am hearing that the delta between listing and sale prices is expanding. How do people usually account for at or over TBO listings? For example if a low time engine C-150 is worth $45K-$50K. If a C-150 is listed for $40K at TBO and you subtract the $30K for overhaul off of the value of a low time example that $40K asking price is now $20K ($50K-$30K=$20K). I would think a 50% offer would not even be considered.

Anyway, just curious to see what other peoples thoughts are on where the market is and where it is headed.

The seller would tell you;
TBO is not mandatory, I’ve treated the engine well it might last another 1000 hours, and no, a 50% offer will usually get emphatically rejected (no counter offer).

There’s a ton of factors, when an airplane is cheap like this, I don’t think the engine plays as much consideration price wise compared to something like a twin engine.

How often is it flown, who did the last overhaul and when, how about the cylinders and other items, condition etc.

The seller is trying to get a high price so he’s frankly not interested in selling. No point to try to offer 50% under.

You get what you pay for,you really can’t use generalizations,you need to see the plane, a look at the logs is a good place to start.

Back