Third Class w/ Gout

B

Bob V.

Anyone know what I might expect going for a third class cert with one incident of gout (treated with Colchicine and NSAIDs)? No further incidents or joint deformity or anything like that. No ongoing treatment/meds. Only thing that made me ask the question that I saw in the AME guide is that I also had a kidney stone once. Not sure if that alone triggers a defer, or if it was referring to joint deformity, ongoing problems, and stone. Would love to hear from Dr. Chien on this one if I need to prepare a bunch of paperwork before going in.

Depends on the AME. I had one who made me get a doctor's letter and all kinds of tests and other stuff. It was way over the top. My current AME asks me if I've had any outbreaks, and when the answer is no he writes it up as such. No more trouble.

NBD for me, just a note came back with my medical warning me not to fly during an outbreak. Won't ever be a problem, flying is the last thing I would consider during an outbreak. Best way to get a response from Dr Chien is to contact him on his website and engage him directly. The kidney stone will probably be more of an issue than gout, as long as you aren't getting frequent attacks.

I had gout and a first class. I reported it on my next medical. Only question was, ''Any ill effects from the treatment?''

This was some 20 years ago.

from SGOTI. YMMV

What kinds of tests did you have to get?
There were two banks them can't recall at all. I know one was a Chem 7, I think the other was a white cell count, could be wrong. Had to present a letter from my doc. Way over the top, got me a different AME. Pity, the old one was really, really cute.

There were two banks them can't recall at all. I know one was a Chem 7, I think the other was a white cell count, could be wrong. Had to present a letter from my doc. Way over the top, got me a different AME. Pity, the old one was really, really cute.
The AME who you left, never got the mail....(see att).

Attachments

• AME_Guide(Gout)06.30.21.pdf
    134.9 KB · Views: 158
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back