There is beer to be drank this weekend...

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
Or should that be drunk? :D

Either way, the Corpus Christi Airshow weekend is finally upon us, and Mary and I are doing two things:

1. Providing a grilled fresh shrimp feast at poolside tomorrow night.

*and*

2. Providing transportation to/from the show from our aviation-themed (almost!) motel, the Harbor Inn on Mustang Island.

Here are the particulars:

1. The poolside barbecue is for all hotel guests who arrive by 5 PM tomorrow, Friday, 4/8/11, and is free of charge.

2. Transportation to/from the airshow is on Saturday at 9 AM, and is reserved for guests.

3. Our airport is Mustang Beach Airport -- KRAS. It's plenty long, plenty wide, paved, and has ample parking. We will come fetch you, if you call us.

4. The airport has tiedown rings, but no ropes. Either BYO ropes, or I've got a few sets you can borrow.

The weather is predicted to be fabulous, and we still have limited availability. AOPA, EAA, and P of A members receive a 10% discount off of our already absurdly low rates, so c'mon to de island, mon! The time couldn't be better, and the rates will never be cheaper!

Last edited:
Man.

Tommy's in Albuquerque, and gets back Saturday afternoon (who schedules these school things, anyway?).

Grr.

---

To the rest of you: Go! Enjoy! Hoist a frosty, cold Shiner Bock, and say "HI!" to the best hosts on the Gulf.

Hoping you are booked to capacity Jay!

Thanks! We will be -- we are most weekends -- but probably not with pilots.

I'm trying to keep our aviation events low-key, cuz we are not ready for aviation-themed prime time yet -- we are only half-done with the place -- so I've only announced this get together in a few places.

Give us another year -- THEN we will start putting together some big events like we did at the Alexis in Iowa City. Until then, these are just fun little excuses to hang out with pilots and get me out of working! :goofy:

Wish I could bring the wife (or just go myself, heh) but it's not in the cards. Hope everyone has fun on the sandbar.

Back