The most epic thing you've ever seen?

After some 20 years as an engineer working for the USAF on Development Airplanes like the F-111, F-16, F-15, F-14 and several others, I finagled a couple of rides in an F-14 Tomcat out of Miramar. After one for some BFM and another to trap aboard the Enterprise a couple times, I felt "This is what it is all about" (even if it was the USN;)). Still keep the photos on my home office desk after 30 years later.

I've known adventures, seen places you people will never see, I've been Offworld and back... frontiers! I've stood on the back deck of a blinker bound for the Plutition Camps with sweat in my eyes watching stars fight on the shoulder of Orion... I've felt wind in my hair, riding test boats off the black galaxies and seen an attack fleet burn like a match and disappear. I've seen it, felt it.

I've known adventures, seen places you people will never see, I've been Offworld and back... frontiers! I've stood on the back deck of a blinker bound for the Plutition Camps with sweat in my eyes watching stars fight on the shoulder of Orion... I've felt wind in my hair, riding test boats off the black galaxies and seen an attack fleet burn like a match and disappear. I've seen it, felt it.
My favorite movie…I think they portrayed what the future will be like more accurately than any other movie…they just show it two hundred years too early.

Something epic for me was when my now late wife, Tammy, and I flew to Paris to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We got there the morning of July 14 (my mother's birthday). We'd barely checked in to the hotel when it seemed like the entire French military turned out to celebrate both our anniversary and my mother's birthday by marching down the street close to our hotel. The celebration continued that night when not only was the Eiffel tower lit up, but they shot off hours and hours' worth of fireworks. I don't know how they knew it was Mom's birthday nor our anniversary, but somehow they found out and definitely went all out.

My wife and I flew to a ranch in central Oregon to see the great coast-to-coast eclipse in 2017. The flight down there was epic, the eclipse was epic and the flight back zipping over long lines of car traffic headed home was epic.

Back