The Great Monkey Race: Progress Thread

Monkey flew to Kansas. Found out nobody actually lives there and flew back to Arkansas.

Monkey looks a little down. I'll take him back to church tonight and see if that perks the little guy up.

Caught the monkey doing some really strange stuff. The locals are really starting to complain. Anyone up to meeting up in eastern Arkansas or western Tennessee on Sunday? Weather looks like it will be VMC.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 6.56.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 6.56.06 PM.png
    751.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
okay not sure where exactly where you are but....greenwood..Greenville.....cleavland..Im easy Im based at KSTF.

okay not sure where exactly where you are but....greenwood..Greenville.....cleavland..Im easy Im based at KSTF.

I'm just outside little rock at 1ar9. KSTF is about a 1.5 hour trip for me. Easy peasy. I'm VMC only at the moment but Sunday is looking good.

Not sure what all is half way. We could plan KSGF for the moment and adjust Saturday once we see how that front will move through here.

I'm really, really afraid of what might happen to me after seeing what happened at your place.

Yup, your monkey looks like he wants to snort lines off his own ass.

Seriously, as long as you don't run out of coke and quaaludes, you should be fine. You wouldn't happen to be friends with Bill Cosby would you?

and not to jump too far ahead, but is KSTF in Hank's vicinity? pretty sure he chimed in about taking a leg in 'bama.....just in case this info helps in planning.

Hank S said:

I remember early on we had Ms to NC planned. Can't remember who said would take AL. But yeah I can take it anywhere in AL.

Well, it has been raining for about 24 hours... Just stopped. I dropped by the hangar an hour ago to complete my oil change (that's a story in itself) and found the taxiway in front of the hangar is the consistency of jello pudding... Not too good to taxi a 2000# airplane.

Most likely there won't be a monkey flight tomorrow. I need to drop by the hangar again tomorrow, but the chances are not good...

Backup plan is for next weekend.

and not to jump too far ahead, but is KSTF in Hank's vicinity? pretty sure he chimed in about taking a leg in 'bama.....just in case this info helps in planning.

Yep, I'm still here. Had to push annual from this weekend to the 22nd.

Now I need to look up KSTF and see whar it are. Then it has to come down from Arkansaw.

Sure would be nice if the weather would make up it's mind what to do. The Lake here rose 8-1/2' the week after Christmas.

P.S.--Seems like I had a volunteer copilot, too. You still around, Mike?

Last edited:
Yep, I'm still here. Had to push annual from this weekend to the 22nd.

Now I need to look up KSTF and see whar it are. Then it has to come down from Arkansaw.

Sure would be nice if the weather would make up it's mind what to do. The Lake here rose 8-1/2' the week after Christmas.

P.S.--Seems like I had a volunteer copilot, too. You still around, Mike?

Hank, once the monkey gets here I'll lfy it over to you in AL. Where are you located? We are thinking next weekend Brian can have the monkey here then we can plan on me flying it over to you somewhere.

Hank, once the monkey gets here I'll lfy it over to you in AL. Where are you located? We are thinking next weekend Brian can have the monkey here then we can plan on me flying it over to you somewhere.

I'm a little east of Montgomery.

Hey, STF is Starkville. I'm based at Tuskegee, 15 nm west of Auburn. Y'all played better than us this year.

Doesn't look like a long flight.mthe question then becomes, who do I pass The Monkey to in Georgia?

I'm a little east of Montgomery.

Hey, STF is Starkville. I'm based at Tuskegee, 15 nm west of Auburn. Y'all played better than us this year.

Doesn't look like a long flight.mthe question then becomes, who do I pass The Monkey to in Georgia?

06A? Is that where the Tuskegee museum is? If so we have been wanting to go there for a while. About 1.5 hours in Cherokee speeds.

Yeah state did okay this year. With Dak leaving waiting to see how next year is gonna be.

Yep, 06A. The museum is pretty nice. I moved down just before the Grand Opening of Hangar #2. I'll check on it's hours, the National Park Service runs it.

Yep, 06A. The museum is pretty nice. I moved down just before the Grand Opening of Hangar #2. I'll check on it's hours, the National Park Service runs it.

That would be cool to see. We have several small WWII airfields with museums. Tuskegee is on my list of places to see .. Definitely post the hours please...

By the way, the bog (aka taxiway in front of the hangar) finally drained, but too late in the day to make it to Mississippi... Drat. Downside of hangaring on grass...

When I did get the old bo in the air it was smooth and cool ... Excellent flying weather.

Sunday is looking good again. Anyone is Mississippi, Tennessee or Louisiana up for a monkey run Sunday?

This is awesome. The most inefficient thing done with planes ever!
We need more monkeys to move!

brian];1996941 said:
Enjoy it. I'm sending you this low tonight. Enjoy the rain.

:lol: :mad2:

Gee, thanks. We hado 15" between Christmas and New Years. It'll be here tomorrow.

brian];1996740 said:
Sounds like a win. I'll check the weather tomorrow night. Should be able to be there around noontime.

Noon ish to 1. I'll be at the airport.

Back