The Cole slaw thing…..

I thought this was going to be a red slaw vs. white slaw argument (fightin' words depending on which side of NC you're from).

If you grow up around people of German immigrant heritage (like New Braunfels and Fredericksburg in Texas) coleslaw has always been part of the diet. I can’t remember ever disliking it.

They were naming my law school building. They ultimately chose a big donor for the honor, but I was hoping they’d find some famous colonial jurist with a name like “Nathaniel P. Coles” so I could say I went to [rim shot]…
Must be a fan of Bob Loblaw's Law Blog.

They were naming my law school building. They ultimately chose a big donor for the honor, but I was hoping they’d find some famous colonial jurist with a name like “Nathaniel P. Coles” so I could say I went to [rim shot]…

So if you’re an old pilot do you have to declare if you like Cole slaw. Just asking

If you grow up around people of German immigrant heritage (like New Braunfels and Fredericksburg in Texas) coleslaw has always been part of the diet. I can’t remember ever disliking it.
I spent a fun afternoon in San Antonio at the Beethoven Mannerchor complex eating sausages and swilling beer during their Oktoberfest celebration. Can't remember if there was cole slaw or not.

So if you’re an old pilot do you have to declare if you like Cole slaw. Just asking

It probably wouldn't hurt. For the record I really didn't like cole slaw until my teens. That was a long time ago, but teens hardly counts as old.

It’s not that I liked or didn’t like slaw as a kid, but I had a grandpa who would SLOBBER slaw with his mouth wide open, slaw slinging everywhere, completely clueless and disgusting and it waaaaay turned me off to slaw. Then I got to college and couldn’t afford to eat anything so slaw was free and easy to get. The rest is history.

I like Cole slaw but I’m picky. Can’t be too vinegar-y or or have too much mayo. Haven’t had bad slaw from any diner in NY. They all know how to make it just right.

Raising Cane's, which is popular for some reason I'll never understand, includes only fries and coleslaw with every order. So I've assumed people (other than me) really like it.

I like Cole slaw but I’m picky. Can’t be too vinegar-y or or have too much mayo. Haven’t had bad slaw from any diner in NY. They all know how to make it just right.
Nothing worse than soggy slaw IMO.

Someone merge all these dang slaw threads and make em a sticky. You just gotta.

I like it dry and pepper-y. Primanti Bros up in PA makes some good slaw on many of their sandwiches.

I've always liked coleslaw, but only with a very certain kind of dressing. Most coleslaw has way too much vinegar or way too much mayo in the dressing for me.

Back