Texas - Ranger Fly-In and Airshow Oct 2-4 2015

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
If you're anywhere near Texas, you don't want to miss this one. We have a great time every year.
Click Here for Website

My Photos from Last Year

15265022040_f4bddda2ac_b.jpg

15451370012_25b93ed72b_b.jpg

15264949099_62aa7b11f3_b.jpg

15451368282_fc24e2dd7f_b.jpg

15428653386_391897de8f_b.jpg

Whenever I see invites like this, I always wonder if me and my boring Cherokee would fit in, or if it's a mostly taildraggers-and-biplanes crowd, and plain old aluminum trikes are shunned...?

You're welcome, there were tons of planes there! Look at my link and you'll see plenty of nose-draggers there. I'll post one later that I would caution you on, Fort Parker, where the runway might be 2000' with over 50' trees at one end. Even then, my friend brought his Comanche in... used every bit of the runway though! Ranger has a nice long runway, wide open, and it's all about aviation. Please join us!

You're welcome, there were tons of planes there! Look at my link and you'll see plenty of nose-draggers there. I'll post one later that I would caution you on, Fort Parker, where the runway might be 2000' with over 50' trees at one end. Even then, my friend brought his Comanche in... used every bit of the runway though! Ranger has a nice long runway, wide open, and it's all about aviation. Please join us!

Nice to hear--thanks for the encouragement!

No problem! Ranger, Reklaw, & Critter's Lodge are all great ones you would enjoy. All have nice runways and all types of planes are welcome. We don't discriminate! Just bring a chair, a tent, beer, and be prepared to judge other pilot's landings... it's okay, you'll be judged too! Always a good time.

Nice to hear--thanks for the encouragement!

Whenever I see invites like this, I always wonder if me and my boring Cherokee would fit in, or if it's a mostly taildraggers-and-biplanes crowd, and plain old aluminum trikes are shunned...?
I used to take my Cherokee there every year when I still owned it and even when it was still painted like this...

Attachments

• Checkerbird.jpg
    Checkerbird.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 20
Just do what the wannabe street street racers do to their Honda Civics - slap a NOS sticker on it. You're half way there since it already has a wing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You forgot the fart pipe.

I guess the closest we can get in certified aviation is Powerflow. Heh.

Back