Tarkio MO airshow, anyone going?

Tomahawk674

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tomahawk674
I got a panflet in the mail about an airshow in Tarkio MO July 11th. It says it's supposed to be pretty big. Anyone going?

I got the same info - it's just a little out of my way. Looks like a pretty good time, though.

For a town of less than 2000 people they have a good little air show. State Rep.(Pilot) Sam Graves is the founder/sponsor of the air show and has done a great job getting more and more aircraft every year. I have never been, so I might drive up this year.

Last edited:
Sam's show is the same weekend as our CAF Air Expo at New Century. I think we may fly up to Tarkio Friday night and spend the night, then fly to our show Saturday morning.

Tarkio is a great show...there will be some nice airplanes there...

Ours is very low key this year.

I will be there!! It's a 400 mile drive to Tarkio, but to photograph any military aircraft, especially Warbirds, is worth the trip. I look forward to it.

Tarkio is one of my favorite little airports! Great people, great aviation community, and I havent been to the airshow but I know itll be good. They do have 100LL SS if you're curious. The sectional doesnt show it, but they do have it and at a good price

Is there one this year? it's not showing up on any airshow schedule. I do see that there's the airshow in Kansas City, Wheeler downtown airport.

Yes sir! Coming out of Offutt,AFB in a Cessna 172. Only a 20 min flight. Be sure if you go to check the river very sad and not that far off from Tarkio:yesnod:

Back