Stoots IO-370 Prime STC for 172, 175, 170s

Skylark23

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Skylark
Has anyone done one of these conversions to their vintage Cessna 175, 172, or 170? I'm interested in experiences with this conversion. The lead time is rather short(just a few months for everything). The engine is ECI Titan "IO-360" derivative now owned Continental and called the IO-370 Prime. It seems like a very interesting option to re-power an old bird.

I'd rather have the 215 Franklin.

As much as I like Franklins, I’d probably recommend a Continental IO-360 or a Lycoming for a new conversion for most owners. The 220 Franklin is a good engine but parts and knowledgeable mechanics are dwindling for them. Thankfully there are still a few who are dedicated to them around.

Has anyone done one of these conversions to their vintage Cessna 175, 172, or 170? I'm interested in experiences with this conversion. The lead time is rather short(just a few months for everything). The engine is ECI Titan "IO-360" derivative now owned Continental and called the IO-370 Prime. It seems like a very interesting option to re-power an old bird.
I am new to this Site and want to connect with others interested in the Stoots STC. I ordered my I0 360 from Dave Stoots
Hello, I am new to this Site, I ordered my Continental Prime I0 360 from Dave Stoots on March 23rd of this year. I received the final parts for the conversion on 10/11/24. I am hoping to connect with other 175 owners. I am having this engine installed on my ‘59 175.

Back