Sporty's Shipping

DesertNomad

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
DesertNomad
Has anyone ever received anything from Sporty's in 2 days?

They say: "in-stock orders placed by 5:00pm Eastern (weekdays), will be shipped that same day, often within minutes of ordering. Plus, all orders arrive in just 2 business days with standard shipping."

I have placed 3 orders within the last year and none have arrived in 2 days. My order of charts was supposed to arrive today but it is still somewhere between here and Cincinnati.

I guess I will have to pay for overnight if I want anything in "2 days".

I think I have always gotten stuff from them within 2 days (assuming it was in stock). When I lived in CA, it might have taken longer if I didn't rush it, but when I was in San Diego, I could order from Aircraft Spruce and request basic ground shipping and I would receive the item within 24 hrs.

I have placed 3 orders within the last year and none have arrived in 2 days. My order of charts was supposed to arrive today but it is still somewhere between here and Cincinnati.
FWIW, I just received a notice from UPS that my ground shipment from another vendor was delayed due to severe weather in the central US, so that may be affecting your shipment as well.

Has anyone ever received anything from Sporty's in 2 days?

They say: "in-stock orders placed by 5:00pm Eastern (weekdays), will be shipped that same day, often within minutes of ordering. Plus, all orders arrive in just 2 business days with standard shipping."

I guess I will have to pay for overnight if I want anything in "2 days".

Sportys shipping is the reason I haven't entertained the idea of buying anything from them in 5 years.

I got good service living 45 Mooney minutes from Sportys. But I hate their shipping charges! Sometimes it was easier and cheaper to fly over . . .

Two days is the norm for where I live now (near ABQ). When I lived out in the middle of nowhere I think it once took ~5 days or so.

First world problems...

I even paid to be part of the fast shipping program since I was ordering so much stuff...the $49 for free two day shipping was worth it to me....but yeah, something has changed and I rarely get things in two days now.

I am one for instant gratification and liked the program but I spend my money elsewhere most of the time now since they have become predictably unreliable.

As Tower stated, we are having severe delays here in Texas due to the damaging weather. I've had severe transportation and parts deliver delays since early May!

In normal situations though, all of us usually ship 2-3 business days standard to our customers.

I have always gotten real good service and prompt delivery from Sporty's. My only complaint with them is that they still haven't drawn my name for their sweepstakes. Bastards.

You are in N Nevada, Sporty's is in OH. If you move closer I think two days will work.

I have always gotten real good service and prompt delivery from Sporty's. My only complaint with them is that they still haven't drawn my name for their sweepstakes. Bastards.

Do you think they ACTUALLY have a sweepstakes? Or is it eye candy for you to push that submit button?:dunno::rolleyes:

Do you think they ACTUALLY have a sweepstakes? Or is it eye candy for you to push that submit button?:dunno::rolleyes:

I witnessed the drawing at the fly-in this year. Now... if the guy that won the thing actually existed, that's a different story. What was running through my mind was the tax bills, insurance bills, etc. for the guy that won it. I know that with The Price is Right they give you the cash option. I had a close friend win a Showcase Showdown.

Most people I know in the industry don't order from them, spruce is a good one, sky geek isn't bad for electronic stuff like headsets.

Sporties is more where you go for the cliche "I'm a pilot" goofy tshirts and six pack coaster.

I bought a new flight bag from them last week (flight outfitters lift bag. Highly recommend) and it arrived in two business days. Granted, it's only an hour and half from the there to my house.

Yea I always wanted to know if the two day shipping meant they waited two days before they shipped it. Seems like it took longer to "process"my order than it did to get to me once it was on a truck.

I'm only 50 minutes by air from there though

I work in an area where a courier offers "Priority Overnight".
The first time I used it, I checked that box, and awaited my shipment.
It came 48 hrs after being shipped.
I called said courier to ask them for credit (it cost my client a few hundred because it was late) or to find out if there was any explanation.
The csr said, "48 hrs is Priority Overnight in that area".
Ookaayy.
(I can live with the idea that they don't provide expedient service to remote areas, but I think that the expectation a person might have with the term "Overnight" might be underfulfilled when it arrives after the second overnight instead of the first overnight.

Well, if that is their game plan, it sure is working. I always compare prices at a few different places before I order. If Sporty's or another place, i.e. Spruce, have the same price, I go with Sporty's just for the sweepstakes chance.

I get things in 2 days to southern WI.

Last year I paid the $50 for the shipping deal for a year which actually saves quite a bit of money if you order several times a year.

I've been gradually ordering more from Aircraft Spruce. Better selection and shipping is generally quite a bit less.

I just ordered a sectional, TAC, and some other small bits on the 16th around 6pm, they arrived today, the 19th. Two day shipping to Seattle area.

Most people I know in the industry don't order from them, spruce is a good one, sky geek isn't bad for electronic stuff like headsets.

Sporties is more where you go for the cliche "I'm a pilot" goofy tshirts and six pack coaster.

And metal landing calculators...don't forget the metal landing calculator!

Or, if you want a Stratus. I just got my last order for a GPS antenna , ADSB antenna and power cable for more semi permanent install.

You can go direct with Appareo but it was slightly cheaper from Sportys.

uxtszVx.jpg

You mean this plane? ;)

Back