Schumer Calls For GA Safety Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta to be easy to be a senator, just speak with authority on EVERYTHING, even when you have ZERO idea of what you're talking about.

Guess fixing the economy was too hard, so he's going to tell a minority group how to run their lives, standard government.

"18 other small plane crashes in NY last year"...

And? Humans crash stuff. That's life. How many unrelated deaths were there? You are probably more likely to be killed by a duck than a plane crashing on you.

Wasn't Schumer the same guy who grandstanded over the 2009 crash and pushed the 1500 hour thing?

I don't think he will find anything new.
Airplane crashes happen every year. Majority of them are caused by pilot error. They will continue happening as long as human factor is involved. (always will be)
I wonder if he's just trying to make a name for himself, become famous or just fill out school report card on extracurricular activities. *shrug*

How about investigating the alcoholic beverage industry for the rampant liver disease epidemic? Or healthcare for the thousands of deaths caused by doctors?

Chuck basically has a news conference every weekend where he expressss his outrage at something he has no clue about and demands an investigation. He's been doing it like clockwork for years.

The same goes here as in the TFR threads. If people veer off into political bashing the thread will be closed and warnings will be given.

Schumer wrote, “I strongly urge you not just to conduct yet another investigation following the recent crash in Southampton, N.Y., but to also undertake a comprehensive and system-wide review to understand why these accidents are happening and what can be done in order to decrease the occurrences."

NTSB clearly has no idea why planes crash.

I checked recently and FAA shows the fatal accident rate for GA was down 10% in 2016.

This article touts improvement as well
http://www.flyingmag.com/aopa-nall-report-shows-decline-in-ga-fatal-accident-rate

Last edited:
I am struggling to think of something the NTSB can possibly say about the number of GA crashes in NY state, besides merely pointing out that, as always, the crashes are mostly due to pilot error.

Could they suggest that NY state should actually be happy about the whole issue because its pilots are, on the whole, not as accident-prone as those who deal with more difficult weather and terrain, for example pilots in Alaska?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back