Replacement for Ozzie’s at KOUN finally scheduled to open

FlyingJ

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyingJ
Looks like the long promised replacement for Ozzie’s diner will be opening October 24 at Max Westheimer Field, KOUN, Norman, OK. Ozzies can never be replaced but hopefully the OK Diner is successful. Looking forward to trying it out. No info yet on hours. And be aware there is supposedly a landing fee on OU home game days :mad: (no idea what it is).

IMG_1774.jpeg

KOUN treated me alright during my 3-week long AOG back when I owned. It became my go-to spot after the nonsense Atlantic pulled on me at KOKC.

Not totally surprised to hear fees are coming to game days, though they got quite a large amount of ramp space. In fairness I've never been there on game days, so perhaps space is at a premium. I can vouch for KCLL on game days being a complete grid lock. Took a T-6 (the t-prop not the radial) in there and they were about to close the runway and use it for parking, that's how packed that place was. I bet parking was a pretty penny, and that was in 2011. Met T Boone Pickens by complete happenstance getting out of his jet that day too.

Wish the restaurant good luck.

Plans to be opened for Breakfast and Lunch from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM Tuesday through Sunday

Back