Redbird FMX 1000 CL

Kevingab1

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Kevin
For sale a Redbird FMX 1000 with control loading. Purchased in October of 2012. Approximately 1750 hours. Three acrylic panels included: Cessna 172 G1000, Piper PA28R Garmin 530/430, Beechcraft Baron Garmin 530/530. Cygnus is also included, which is the device that transmits the gps data via bluetooth to an ipad (foreflight). Laptop and Ram laptop stand included. Pilot edge is installed, that is the live ATC program. It has been on Redbirds maintenance program since new.

It has been a great training and sales tool for us. We are moving to a new location and do not have the room for it.

Purchase price was over $94,000 with tax and installation. Redbird will have to be paid to disassemble and move the simulator. Once it is dismantled it can be trucked easily anywhere in the country. Located currently in Houston, TX and can be seen anytime.

Price $48,000

Thanks
Kevin
409-682-4444

Last edited:
Sounds like a good deal. I put together and took apart one in Turkey last year. If only I could afford one (and somewhere to put it :rolleyes2:).

All I can think to ask is if you wanted a certain point of contact other than PoA (phone number/email/etc). Good luck! :D

For sale a Redbird FMX 1000 with control loading. Purchased in October of 2012. Approximately 1750 hours. Three acrylic panels included: Cessna 172 G1000, Piper PA28R Garmin 530/430, Beechcraft Baron Garmin 530/530. Cygnus is also included, which is the device that transmits the gps data via bluetooth to an ipad (foreflight). Laptop and Ram laptop stand included. Pilot edge is installed, that is the live ATC program. It has been on Redbirds maintenance program since new.

It has been a great training and sales tool for us. We are moving to a new location and do not have the room for it.

Purchase price was over $94,000 with tax and installation. Redbird will have to be paid to disassemble and move the simulator. Once it is dismantled it can be trucked easily anywhere in the country. Located currently in Houston, TX and can be seen anytime.

Price $48,000

Thanks
Kevin

Lol you posted hours for a computer :wink2:

Great tool if used properly and by qualified folks, seems like a decent deal, good luck!

Like the over guy said, I'd post a email or phone number though.

Sounds like a good deal. I put together and took apart one in Turkey last year. If only I could afford one (and somewhere to put it :rolleyes2:).

All I can think to ask is if you wanted a certain point of contact other than PoA (phone number/email/etc). Good luck! :D

Thanks guys! Phone numbers listed.

Kevin

Re: Redbird FMX 1000 CL - SOLD

Took a deposit today on the Redbird. So I am removing it from the market.

Thanks
Kevin

Well that was fast

Just curious, what did that thing go for on an hourly basis when you were running it?

Never remove an item from the market until you have the verified funds in hand. Been there, done it, won't do it again. Good luck!

Just curious, what did that thing go for on an hourly basis when you were running it?

Our retail rate was $85 per hour. Block time of five hours was $70 per hour and a ten hour block was $60 per hour. We would sell unlimited sim for six months for $1,000.

Thanks
Kevin

Our retail rate was $85 per hour. Block time of five hours was $70 per hour and a ten hour block was $60 per hour. We would sell unlimited sim for six months for $1,000.

Thanks

Kevin

My local place charges $90 per hour plus instructor, but it's hard to justify because (assuming fixed costs are sunk) I can operate my plane for less.

Place in OKC also charges 90/hr plus instructor as a data point. The FMX isn't really much to operate except power and refilling the hydraulic reservoirs. Installation/buying/upgrading can be expensive though.

The computer doesn't operate the way most do, even though it's Windows based. Lots of little tricks to the way it runs, I think mostly to secure Redbird as tech support. Other than that, neat little machine :yes:

Place in OKC also charges 90/hr plus instructor as a data point. The FMX isn't really much to operate except power and refilling the hydraulic reservoirs. Installation/buying/upgrading can be expensive though.

The computer doesn't operate the way most do, even though it's Windows based. Lots of little tricks to the way it runs, I think mostly to secure Redbird as tech support. Other than that, neat little machine :yes:

As in 90hr just for the sim? That's like the price to rent a 152 wet...

If you're swinging the kind of profit margin my hats off to ya :yes:

Place in OKC also charges 90/hr plus instructor as a data point.

Sundance (KHSD) is getting one in the next month or so, I've been told it will be around $70. Even though I have my own plane I plan to do at least a few hours in it. Can't really compare the time to an actual plane... You can skip preflight, take offs and jump straight into approaches, back it up and do it some more.

Back