Pilots flying under BasicMed can soon act as safety pilots

FPK1

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
FPK1
The final rule makes a “minor change” to “allow a required pilot flightcrew member who is not acting as PIC to operate under BasicMed.”

And

The second miscellaneous amendment changes the regulations to allow a pilot to act as pilot in command (PIC) during a special medical flight test authorized under Part 67 without holding a medical certificate.

https://generalaviationnews.com/202...under-basicmed-can-soon-act-as-safety-pilots/

I missed that in the Balloon thread. OP, thanks for posting! I used SF when I was getting my IR training, so good to know I can "pass it forward" to others in my club.

I missed that in the Balloon thread. OP, thanks for posting! I used SF when I was getting my IR training, so good to know I can "pass it forward" to others in my club.

To be clear, you can act as a safety pilot with basic med today, you just have to be PiC. In 3 weeks when the rule takes effect, it won’t matter who’s PIC anymore.

To be clear, you can act as a safety pilot with basic med today, you just have to be PiC. In 3 weeks when the rule takes effect, it won’t matter who’s PIC anymore.
Yep. Regardless, our club was back on forth on whether to allow it based on the old rule. The new rule will put the issue firmly in the "yes I can" side.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back