Pilot killed in accident at Missouri airshow

Here is a little more information.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/sns-ap-mo--moplanecrash,0,1339485.story

The Missouri Highway Patrol said the accident happened Friday afternoon when an Edge 540 aircraft crashed in a bean field near U.S. 136 and State Route O near Tarkio.

The Edge 540 is a propeller-driven plane often used for acrobatic flying.

The 36-year-old female pilot, whose name wasn't released, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Boy thats depressing. We're flying to that airshow tomorrow.

We had one here in PA too. but Everyone was OK .
Pilot landed at Reagle airfeild in the dark, Said he couldn't get the lights to come on. And landed and run of the end of runway into a feild. My question is "WHY WOULD YOU TRY TO LAND?" there is other airports near by and easily in phone call area. And i'm sure Wayne would have gotten up and went to pick them up rather then have the FAA nosing around . BTW Three people on board and no Injuries
Dave G:blueplane:

It was finally announced that it was Chandy Clanton. :( She was a great pilot.

Really sad. My thoughts and prayers are with her and with those who knew her. What a waste.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing. Shoot.:frown3:

This is a sad day for Lincoln, and the world aerobatic community. She was a classy lady, a great mom to her two boys, and one hell of a pilot.

I talked to her last Saturday in Seward, NE after her 4th of July performance. She was signing autographs for all of the kids after the show. The weather made her modify her routine a bit due to low ceilings, but as she said; "The show must go on". Alot of young girls really looked up to her.

I am just stunned and numb.

Last edited:
RIP...many prayers for her boys..and Harry

This is very sad. Does anybody know what happened?

May God bless her family.

This is very sad. Does anybody know what happened?

May God bless her family.

I was told by a person close to her at Duncan Aviation that she bellied into a bean field . Exactly how is unknown but apparently there is some video that I would never want to see. Her father's hangar is next to mine at LNK, it saddly sat open today. I think most people that knew her/of her are in total shock.God bless her and her family again.. I am so sad for her children..she was a wonderfull talent and person and will be missed terribly.:frown3:

Last edited:
The NTSB released the airplane wreckage back to the family. There was no problem with the airframe or power plant and there was fuel. Autopsy reveled no medical problems. Preliminary information from a reliable informed source says "pilot error" in judging the position of the airplane during aggressive aerobatic manuvers.

It's a beautiful day, I just wish I didn't have to go to a funeral.

Last edited:
After talking to eye witnesses it appears Chandy may have passed out from a several high "G" maneuver. After several high "G" turns the plane went into a slow spiral until it impacted the ground. There was no attempt from the pilot to recover. There were no problems with the control surfaces so this scenario seems to be the best one at this time. Speculation for sure.

Chandy Clanton was an amazing lady.

Back