Pilawt - Jeff Jacobs

R.I.P. Mr. Jacobs.

Can anyone summarize all or part of the aviation career of this well-loved member of PoA?

Can anyone summarize all or part of the aviation career of this well-loved member of PoA?

In Jeff's own words:

In Jeff's own words:

Thank you, I had not seen that. Now I’m crying too. What a man.

Oh wow. He's one of the few and perhaps only person I've never met face to face for whom I shed a tear. I miss him already.

Never had the chance to meet him. But someone that's remembered as a nice guy, not because he had to be, just because that's who he was? That's a pretty amazing thing these days.

Tailwinds Jeff. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I always loved his posts. Cancer sucks.

I just went over his pictures at his site. That man had an amazing eye for beauty. There's at least one that I imagine is him flying off the West.

My condolences to all his friends and family over his loss.

Not much to add to the fine tributes already stated.
Jeff was truly a scholar, a gentleman, and an aviator.
Our worlds will be less without him.

It's with a heavy heart that I announce to the community the passing of "Pilawt". Jeff Jacobs.

He passed on Monday morning, July 29th, surrounded by his family and all the love and support that could be.

My wife and I were fortunate enough to become close friends with Jeff and his family. Among other fun trips, we crossed the continent in the Lance to attend the Facebook PA-32 flyin in 2021.
He and his father both got their PPLs at approximately the same time in a family-owned Cessna 150.

For those that asked nearly any question on general aviation facts, Jeff was always here, willingly sharing his 50+ years of aviation knowledge. He was a kind and gentle person. In a world filled with sarcasm, snark and harsh commentary, I've never heard him utter a cross word.

As many of you know, he balanced his kind personality with a razor-sharp wit. I will never forget his coy smirk as he dropped a bomb on you that you didn’t see coming.

His other passions involved his family, music, and his faith, as well as that of being a photographer. He readily shared his images collected through the decades.

I, for one, am a better human being because Jeff was in my life. And the world is a bit more empty now that he’s gone.

He’s survived by his wife, Cheryl, married sons Tim and Matt, and four grandchildren.

Citabria 55E, you’re cleared for a Westbound departure. Godspeed and tailwinds!
Very sad to hear this.

Oh no! :(

Jeff was an amazingly knowledgeable guy, and was on PoA almost back to the beginning. He's also one of the very rare among us who I have never heard anyone say a bad thing about!

Blue skies and tailwinds, Captain.

Nobody gets out alive...
and
Dying is part of living...

... so good for him!
It seems like he did great!

Flew with the eagles, lived a long a fulfilled life, had his family with him to the end.
Who could ask for anything more.
Cheers!

Back