Peripheral Edema - is it disqualifying?

Get the ICDM-10 codes! (diagnosis)
90791 and 90837 are time/bill evaluation codes.....psychotherapy 90837 strongly imples you were "treated for something....." (even if you were not). GET the full record!
So update on my psychologist visit. I just finished seeing my AME and got the paperwork from the psychologist indicating she diagnosed me with Adjustment disorder with anxiety. However, the AME wants to see the clinical notes too. Is this unusual? I thought the diagnosis would be enough.

Is adjustment disorder with anxiety a huge red flag?

I think the FAA would request the notes if the AME didn’t. What was the rational for the diagnosis, what are other possibilities and how were they ruled out, was this a tentative diagnosis for billing, working diagnosis for initial treatment, or could there be other potential diagnosis’s that remain, ie how complete and confident is this psychologist, and does the AME/FAA agree.

I think the FAA would request the notes if the AME didn’t. What was the rational for the diagnosis, what are other possibilities and how were they ruled out, was this a tentative diagnosis for billing, working diagnosis for initial treatment, or could there be other potential diagnosis’s that remain, ie how complete and confident is this psychologist, and does the AME/FAA agree.
Okay. Thanks. I was just a little taken aback by that request since I assumed a diagnosis was enough and the AME was prying, but I guess it’s all just part of the process.

There is a huge difference between a lay person reading a code, law, or regulation and attempting to do a literal interpretation of the language, versus a knowledgeable professional that understands the intent and historical application behind the rule.

Dr. Bruce you're just wasting your time trying to educate someone who doesn't understand the above.

The rest of us appreciate your professional advice.

Back