Parking or Hangaring in Dallas for a Week

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
Planning to fly to the Dallas Area late next month. Going to park the plane for a week. What is everyone’s recommendation for hangaring or outdoor parking, that’s economical? Or is there not such a thing?

My slumlord is really cool I think he charges like 10 bucks a night for people to shove their planes into an open t hanger

All I can say is avoid Addison.

I did my initial training at Addison 20 years ago. It was fun. When you get thrown into that environment you learn a lot very quickly.

I don’t pay the bills. :)
Then KADS is a fine choice.
For us that have to foot the bill, ADS can suck it.

It has been a few years but I landed, parked at Million Air and they said the ramp fee is $25
2 Weeks later I went back and they said the ramp fee is $50. I asked why the increase and the manager said with a straight face "We found out the other FBO was charging $50 so we raised our rates."

Current fuel price there is $8.00 / Gallon.

Last time I was going to fly in, I called and asked about the fuel price which was $7.50 at the time. She said they would waive the ramp fee if I bought 15 gallons.
I said "fuel at my airport is $4.29" She said "I see you like to negotiate, we will reduce the price for you to $6.50 per gallon"

They are terrible if you don't have money to throw around.

I’ll take it! How’s security? :) :D
Well Jimmy from Jimmy's World has been banned from the airport so it is pretty good now.
He crossed some boundaries. It has been fine ever since.

Let me know if you want to park there. I can connect you to the guy that owns the hangars. He is a really good dude.
Airport is 52F "Aero Valley" north of DFW

Pilots in Addison will tell you that Addison is not bad, but that's just because they want you to come in and suffer with them.
I did my initial training at Addison 20 years ago. It was fun. When you get thrown into that environment you learn a lot very quickly.

Logistics in the air was a challenge, but that’s not why I would avoid.

I didn't have issue with anything but the way the fbo treated my plane and my family. They treated us badly and over charged us for the experience.

Redbird - Dallas Exec, RBD, was good at my favorite price, free, parked right outside the terminal. Fuel wasn’t all that cheap. FBO let me borrow tools while AOG on a weekend since the shops were all closed. And tower was really good at working me in front of all the student traffic via creative taxi routes and opposite patterns/ straight ins. And it will be a bit closer than Bryan’s airport if ADS is where you’ll be hanging.

I see 3 FBOs are at Addison. That’s crazy.

Aero Valley looks like you gotta keep that left traffic for Rwy 35 not-bomber-wide to keep outta the KAFW delta.

Very interesting airspace now that I’m studying it.

Back