PA28 Down in Missouri

Sad. My grandfather was from Osage Beach (When he was born, it was called Zebra, MO).

I’m familiar with the field, K15. It’s not that short but here are trees off one end and a water tower off the other, usually a crosswind. Pretty much nowhere to go if you have an engine failure on departure. Not sure from the article exactly what was up but it’s been hot and they said PA-28 with 3 aboard so I have an immediate suspicion.

I work with a guy named Matt Vandiver. His cousin survived, his cousin's son did not. If you guys hear any details, I would appreciate them.

We had DA's close to 4K' yesterday afternoon, 90 miles west. I'll second, not many good option departing 14. Sounded like they were going west though, if toward Margaritaville.

We had DA's close to 4K' yesterday afternoon, 90 miles west. I'll second, not many good option departing 14. Sounded like they were going west though, if toward Margaritaville.
Cherokee 140, 3 people, DA close to 4K... Even if nothing went wrong, sounds iffy.

So my friend's cousin Gary is the survivor. He is the father of the 19 year old, Evan, who died.

To make the tragedy even worse, the pilot is the boyfriend of Gary's daughter. Their family is really hurting now and Gary is not expected to survive at this point.

So my friend's cousin Gary is the survivor. He is the father of the 19 year old, Evan, who died.

To make the tragedy even worse, the pilot is the boyfriend of Gary's daughter. Their family is really hurting now and Gary is not expected to survive at this point.

Sorry to hear this Jack ... terrible when these tragedies strike close to those we know and love .:(

Sorry to hear this Jack ... terrible when these tragedies strike close to those we know and love .:(
Yeah, I didn't know any of them, but my friend is hurting. I can't imagine the pain they're feeling right now. Devastating.

How sad. A lot of folks are in unimaginable pain right now. When these tragedies occur, the shock of sudden loss is almost too much to bear, and there aren't answers for the bereaved.

May the lost rest easy, and peace be granted to the families.

Back