Oxygen Script?

rockwoodrv9a

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
rockwoodrv9a
I will be heading out west this fall and will for sure need Oxygen. I have an Inogen G4 but my battery does not last as long as I want so I either get a new battery or a tank system. I think I want a tank system so it is good for 2 people.

My doctor said he is willing to write a script but has never done it and didnt know what to say so I could get fill ups when needed. How long can he write it for? Do I carry the original or a copy with me?

Does anyone have a sample script or have one or explain what is needed? Thanks.

I’ve never had any issue getting a bottle filled without a prescription. Or even buying a bottle.

I’ve never had any issue getting a bottle filled without a prescription. Or even buying a bottle.
Even at a medical supply in another state? If the airport I go into doesnt have fills, I would get it fille in a town medical supply. That is my concern. I think maybe just a letter stating he approved getting the tank filled for flights?

I just google the closest place and they fill me up. Never thought about it. Maybe I’ve been lucky.

Can’t you get an automotive charger for your Inogen? Ive heard that you can install a tee to feed two people.

Can’t you get an automotive charger for your Inogen? Ive heard that you can install a tee to feed two people.
I do have it set up to run on the charger. It works fine for me up to about 10k'. I will need to go up to about 14k' this fall and I may have a passenger too so the G4 is not powerful enough. The G5 is close and the new G6 would probably do it but I need a tank for this trip.

I just google the closest place and they fill me up. Never thought about it. Maybe I’ve been lucky.
Maybe I am worrying about something I dont need to. I will try and take my tank to a few places in town and see what they say. Thanks for the suggestions.

I had the same question. I found that welding O2 doesn't need a prescription, and is actually as good or better than medical O2. I forget why, but check with a welding or fire extinguisher shop. (Some Fire Extinguisher shops refill welding O2 bottles). I also found they are less expensive than an FBO or Medical O2 place.

Back