NTSB Identification: ERA11FA414

Let's say it's not provided in the POH and I want to determine this information, the variations and permutations are many between high drag configuration to a dive bomber style....I find it interesting that high drag is being cited as the general technique, but it is what it is, I guess.
Based on a variety of aircraft over a long time, I don't think high drag is generally recommended.

Based on a variety of aircraft over a long time, I don't think high drag is generally recommended.

Agreed - in the twins, I've always been taught to add some drag (ie gear) to help keep the speed under control, but full drag would seem counter-productive to getting down fast.

Let's say it's not provided in the POH and I want to determine this information, the variations and permutations are many between high drag configuration to a dive bomber style....I find it interesting that high drag is being cited as the general technique, but it is what it is, I guess.

Read my previous post (#94) -- high speed to quench the fire, high drag spiral to descend quickly.

Two different ends with two different methods.

Back