Non-Etching Primer

Ventucky Red

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jon
Going to start tackling some of the corrosion on some of my skins... I has inherited two bottles of Bonderite from the previous owner. One is labeled C-IC-33 Areo (clear liquid) and the other N-CR 1202 Areo (blue liquid) so I will be using that for the preparation.

In looking around is seems that all the primers are etching primers... Is there something available in a rattle can that is not?

Thanks

Going to start tackling some of the corrosion on some of my skins... I has inherited two bottles of Bonderite from the previous owner. One is labeled C-IC-33 Areo (clear liquid) and the other N-CR 1202 Areo (blue liquid) so I will be using that for the preparation.

In looking around is seems that all the primers are etching primers... Is there something available in a rattle can that is not?

Thanks
Not positive, but there’s an epoxy primer called “2K” (if memory serves, been awhile). It’s available at auto body paint stores and it has a catalyst that you puncture in the can via a button on the bottom. Once punched you have x amount of pot life (I think a few hours). Great stuff and although you can buy an etching version, there’s also non-etching.

Back