Nick's map of the US...

Kinda cool! Here's mine. Flew in a helo over the volcano in Hawaii, but can't log it, one of the most fun flights ever.

Gary

Attachments

• usa_color.gif
    usa_color.gif
    11 KB · Views: 11
Everskyward said:
Wow Steve, you're country's a lot bigger than everone else's. You've covered a lot more miles!

You'd think he was from Texas or something...

tonycondon said:
good golly barry! go to france! that would be awesome. I dont get into the high risk flying stuff much (dusting, firefighting etc.) but for some reason ive been fascinated with the trans oceanic stuff in singles. I think it would be pretty amazing to see nothing but water.
Barry's method of flying to France is a little more sedate than pulling a Lindberg. Put St. Pierre and Miquelon into Mapquest... **edit! That didn't work. See attached map, islands in the circle*** you will find that they are two islands off the coast of Newfoundland, and still territories of France.

A cool way to get France in your logbook for sure!

-Skip

Attachments

• stpierre.gif
    stpierre.gif
    36.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
oh ok, i guess thats one way to do it.
*changed my mind* go to sturgis :)

Cool. I need to get out more. :yes:

James Dean

Attachments

• usa_color.gif
    usa_color.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 5
With the exception of one or two posters I noticed all of you have missed Oregon. You need to try to add that state to your total. I couldn't get the map thing to work but I have been in Wash. Ore. Id. Ca. Nv. Ut. Wy. Mt. SD. Neb. Kan. Ok. Ark. Mo. IL. Wis. Iowa.

Henning needs to get out more.

My pathetic attempt: (Add several other states and eastern Canada if you count right seat or hanging over the back of the front seats playing with the radios for navigation purposes)

Attachments

• usamap.GIF
    usamap.GIF
    8.1 KB · Views: 6
Here's mine. I included the UP since I'm going there tomorrow. (And the back of the AF/D was helpful for identifying the states!:rolleyes:)
Doesn't show New Zealand or the Bahamas. :no:

Attachments

• Grant_States.GIF
    Grant_States.GIF
    9.4 KB · Views: 7
Oh, yeah, I forgot Italy and Switzerland.... plus UK if you count the back seat in corp. jet.

Skip Miller said:
Barry's method of flying to France is a little more sedate than pulling a Lindberg. Put St. Pierre and Miquelon into Mapquest... **edit! That didn't work. See attached map, islands in the circle*** you will find that they are two islands off the coast of Newfoundland, and still territories of France.

A cool way to get France in your logbook for sure!

-Skip

Sure, spoil my fun!!:D

Here is mine

Attachments

• usa_color.gif
    usa_color.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 10
Michael said:
Ghery, you got a problem with Idaho?

No, but if I were flying to Moscow to see Judy I'd still land in Washington. PUW serves both Pullman and Moscow, but is located on the WA side of the state line.

And, as a Pullman HS grad, I do have a problem with Moscow Bears, but that's another story for another time. :D

Only 11 in the U.S.

But I have landings in Kenya and Sudan. I was not PIC but I did 'em -- after buzzing the runways to get the cows to run away and get the locals to move their carts. And the Bahamas, too, but that's too easy to count.

Here's mine. I'm hoping to get everything else (except Hawaii) by this time next year.

Barb

Attachments

• US Map.gif
    US Map.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 6
Late to the party as always, here's mine. Yellow ones in the US will be green in September. I wish I could turn Austrailia green as well, but $$$ forbid it.
Don

Attachments

• mymap.gif
    mymap.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 6
  • australiamap.gif
    australiamap.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Are these states you have flown to or flown in? I have only flown to 4 states, but I have been PIC in 8.

Bob Bement said:
With the exception of one or two posters I noticed all of you have missed Oregon. You need to try to add that state to your total.

Bob,

Add me to the list. :yes:

Here's mine... Though I must admit I didn't check my logbook to make sure I got 'em all:

Oh... I should color code it or something. Most of them I've flown to from my home base in WI. The exceptions would be OR, CO, FL, and PA. I just added CO on Wednesday. :yes:

Attachments

• States landed.gif
    States landed.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Pretend that British Columbia is colored in (coloured in ...?) too. One of these days I'll just have to make it across the Mississippi.

-- Pilawt

Attachments

• us_map.jpg
    us_map.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 6
Clearly someone needs to organize a fly-in in Nevada. Any Nevadans on the board??

--Kath

tonycondon said:
good golly barry! go to france! that would be awesome. I dont get into the high risk flying stuff much (dusting, firefighting etc.) but for some reason ive been fascinated with the trans oceanic stuff in singles. I think it would be pretty amazing to see nothing but water.

It's boring as hell, the drone of the engine will drive you nuts, you lose all your precious heat every time you have to open the vent window to break the ice accumulation off of the ferry tank vent. Oh yeah, everything smells like fuel, so after awhile even if you had a fuel leak, you probably wouldn't notice. You sit there with the bottom half of your Gumby suit on, and you try to get the top part situated so it's not completely bothering you, which you'll fail at until about 15 minutes out of Iceland. Most of the times flying west to east, you do it in very marginal weather because those storm waves give you some helacious winds aloft up the pooper. Sometimes they're good enough that people just bypass and go for the UK, sometimes they even make it. The other thing is the unstable air gives better vis. The cool thing is the icebergs. If I have good winds and fuel I'll take it right down on the deck and check out the icebergs and say hi to the fishermen working around them. They are beautiful.

Well, I've not gone many places by little airplane, just yet . . . So here's a Harley trip I took a while back ... (don't know how to do the thumbnail thing, though - sorry!)

HarleyTrip.gif

I'm also noticing that Iowa is missing on a LOT of peoples' maps. A lot of people have the surrounding states, but have missed Iowa for some reason. Maybe all of us Iowans should get together and find a reason to host a get-together in the future. Corn harvest in October.... Sweet Corn Festivals in the summer.... Iowa State Fair in August.... I'm sure we can think of something. :)

-Chris

etsisk said:
Well, I've not gone many places by little airplane, just yet . . . So here's a Harley trip I took a while back
Nice trip! Here's your map (your trip in blue), augmented by two trips I took one summer -- but I was on a Honda.

Attachments

• trip.JPG
    trip.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 10
bstratt said:
I presume these are states you have landed in and not just flown over? Hmmm, I need a map with the names of the states cause I can't tell where they all are! :dunno: (Don't rub it in Skip - I know I'm Canadian!!:D )

How about a map of North America including Canada?

Hey, there is more than one color! Use one for states you've been to (at any time), another for ones you've landed at in your own plane, another for states you've flown over in your own plane. Be sure to provide a legend!

Anybody here seen (in person, on the ground) all 50 states? That's what we're trying to do with our three girls before they are all out of the house. Been a family goal since they were little... gotta go make MY map now.

Ken Ibold said:
Nice trip! Here's your map (your trip in blue), augmented by two trips I took one summer -- but I was on a Honda.
Hmmm... I see Sturgis, I see maybe Daytona?

Troy Whistman said:
Anybody here seen (in person, on the ground) all 50 states? That's what we're trying to do with our three girls before they are all out of the house. Been a family goal since they were little... gotta go make MY map now.
Been to all except Rhode Island and Delaware, I guess I had a hard time finding them lol!

alaskaflyer said:
Geez, Wm, you need to get out more!

That I do. But with only about 60 hrs, I've just gotten started :p

But here's the states I've visited (IL was just a hop from one plane to another at O'Hare but it does count... right?)

Attachments

• statemap2.gif
    statemap2.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 6
Lets see what this looks like in a year now that I have a plane.

Bob

Attachments

• Bob's Map.bmp
    210 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
wbarnhill said:
But here's the states I've visited (IL was just a hop from one plane to another at O'Hare but it does count... right?)

Only if you were PIC!:yes:

This one's better as I don't have to figure out where the states are!

This is only states/provinces I have landed as PIC, doesn't include states flown over as PIC (hence West Virginia is still white).

Attachments

• Cancountrymap.gif
    Cancountrymap.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 8
  • usstatemap.gif
    usstatemap.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 9
gprellwitz said:
Here's mine. I included the UP since I'm going there tomorrow. (And the back of the AF/D was helpful for identifying the states!:rolleyes:)
Doesn't show New Zealand or the Bahamas. :no:
Grant if you've been to Detroit you could include the UP its still part of Michigan.:yes:

Troy Whistman said:
Anybody here seen (in person, on the ground) all 50 states?
I have, on the ground, but I haven't flown into all of them. Let me try this map thing. Pesky little northeastern states and Hawaii...

Attachments

• States(1).gif
    States(1).gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 13
Back