New Pilot wannbe sayin Hello to all

JmG2102

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
JmG
Greeting and Salutations, I just joined the forum and wanted to say Hi to all. I'm based out of Elbert, CO. and am starting ground School with PAFB Aero Club at the end of the month, I am totally stoked about learning to fly and can't wait to take my first flight out of COS.

Any and all suggestions, hints, tips, tricks and general advice will be gladly accepted. My ultimate goal is to be able to make as many landings as I do take-offs. (ha ha ha, I kill me)

Thanks for letting me say hi,
CAVU to all.

Jon G

Greeting and Salutations, I just joined the forum and wanted to say Hi to all. I'm based out of Elbert, CO. and am starting ground School with PAFB Aero Club at the end of the month, I am totally stoked about learning to fly and can't wait to take my first flight out of COS.

Any and all suggestions, hints, tips, tricks and general advice will be gladly accepted. My ultimate goal is to be able to make as many landings as I do take-offs. (ha ha ha, I kill me)

Thanks for letting me say hi,
CAVU to all.

Jon G

Hiya!

I am starting ground School with PAFB Aero Club at the end of the month...

...Any and all suggestions, hints, tips, tricks and general advice will be gladly accepted.

Take advantage of Air Force Aero Clubs while they are still here!!! :D

Enjoy every minute of it! It's a blast!

I did a bunch of things wrong in learning to fly. Here are some things you should consider:
1) Get through alot of ground school before your first flight. It is cheaper to learn on the ground.
2) Go listen to the radio traffic and understand what is being said and practice saying it.
3) Fly often when you start flying, two to three times a week so your motor skills and memory are fresh-otherwise you spend the first half of the lesson relearning the last lesson

Welcome to the world of flying it is great up there.

Just don't do MORE landings than takeoffs.

Like this guy.

FYI, he made an elementary error that your instructor will teach you about real early. Most of us never come anywhere near that.

Last edited:
Hello!

Great people on this forum, (And some oddballs too) I learn from everyone. Welcome!

Welcome aboard!

You might want to download an app like LiveATC for your phone and listen to it whenever you can. Even if your airport is not listed, it is kind of fun to listen to and you will start to absorb some of the terminology commonly used.

Back