New Orleans in late March 2011

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
I'm going to be in New Orleans for a conference in late march, and was hoping that we could do a get-together! I should be available from Wednesday, 3/23 through Saturday, 3/29. We could do something "cheap", but there is a LOT of GOOD food in New Orleans. If pilots wanted to imbibe, we could probably find places for at least a few of them to wait until it was safe and legal to fly. Anyone in? Danielle?

I'm going to be in New Orleans for a conference in late march, and was hoping that we could do a get-together! I should be available from Wednesday, 3/23 through Saturday, 3/29. We could do something "cheap", but there is a LOT of GOOD food in New Orleans. If pilots wanted to imbibe, we could probably find places for at least a few of them to wait until it was safe and legal to fly. Anyone in? Danielle?

If Dani is available, have her take you to Swamp Burger (IIRC) - Yeah, getting a burger in New Orleans sounds like sacrilege, but you can eat gumbo and jambalaya the rest of the week (or at home, since Leslie makes such an awesome jambalaya!) - Those burgers are to die for. Best I've ever had, no contest.

I'm hoping to be in that area around March 16 or so. Not late but more than half. :)

Grant... We should have planned a PoA get-together during Mardi Gras! :hairraise: I have heard that it is a non-stop party! I think that it's in February sometime though, so we're too late. :( But, come on... it would be way fun to have PoA events other than just in the summer and fall. :idea:

Yup. On my birthday, and I'm teaching that evening. Maybe I'll wear some beads to class! :idea:

Wow... Mardi Gras is late this year comparatively! Well, have fun and if you get down there and find some real leftover purple beads on the street save them for me... the tackier the better! :crazy: Next year, though, we need to plan better!

Okay, I'm leaving Friday morning from 1C5, stopping for lunch at Lambert's, and landing at KNEW in the evening. I'm planning to use Aero Premier unless someone has a better idea.

Is anyone available for a meetup sometime during the week of 3/19 - 3/26? I know that I'm busy Saturday and Tuesday evenings, and pretty free from Wednesday afternoon through the following Saturday.

Heck, I may pull up stakes and head over to Mustang Island to visit Jay and Mary or something. :)

Cool. I'm available after 7PM Sunday. Ideas on where to get together? (I'm at the Convention Center, and don't have a car.) Anyone else able to join us?

I'm really not sure where to go. We can go get pizza on Bourbon, next to Big Daddy's! :)

I kid, I kid!

I'm really not sure where to go. We can go get pizza on Bourbon, next to Big Daddy's! :)

I kid, I kid!
Why, were you going to be at Big Daddy's anyways? :)

I kid, I kid! :):)

There's always Commander's Palace. I do like their cafe brulot.

Well, we pulled it off. Turns out that William Barnhill and I were in the same room when I saw a Facebook posting from him saying he was in New Orleans!

Attachments

• NewOrleans_sm.JPG
    NewOrleans_sm.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 28
Lucky y'all. Where'd you eat?

I don't think I ever saw you with a fancy shirt on... guess that figures, because I never saw you except at Gaston's...

Back