New Member Introduction

propav8r

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Propav8r
Hi all,

I'm Jared, from Charlotte NC and a current student at Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, NC. I just found the forum on Reddit, and figured I'd pop on by and say hello.

As for flying, I haven't in several years. I trained at the now-defunct Paramount flight school in Concord, NC (JQF) and soloed on my 16th birthday. I have also worked for many years at the Carolinas Aviation Museum in Charlotte, and toured extensively on the airshow circuit with a couple different acts as both a docent and photographer.

Anyhow, I'm looking to restart my flight training this summer, and being in the company of like-minded individuals is some of the best motivation there is.

Cheers!

Welcome.

New guys have to start out sweeping floors and cleaning up after the parties. :rofl:

We're glad you are here! Broom is over there. --------------------->

Welcome.

New guys have to start out sweeping floors and cleaning up after the parties. :rofl:

We're glad you are here! Broom is over there. --------------------->

Sweet! Would you be so kind as to run and grab me a bucket of prop wash? It's great for mopping floors. It's outside beside the coils of flightline.

Sweet! Would you be so kind as to run and grab me a bucket of prop wash? It's great for mopping floors. It's outside beside the coils of flightline.

No problem! :goofy:

Would you mind asking your FBO mechanic for some relative bearing grease? ;)

Welcome to PoA. Hate to say this but you should go meet Cassie on the Purple Board, she's in your area.

Welcome, Geico forgot to mention that you also will be required to handle the fuel bills for the 5th person to welcome you for a month. Please forward your address and credit card number via PM. Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

Welcome, Geico forgot to mention that you also will be required to handle the fuel bills for the 5th person to welcome you for a month. Please forward your address and credit card number via PM. Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

PM on the way. You might want to hold back a couple weeks-I'm running a little low on funds now, but am expecting a large deposit from a Nigerian prince within the next few days.

Also, joined up on the Purple Board as suggested. I posted a few of my pictures over there, and if you're interested, I'll post them here too.

Quick Silver at EQY, during Warbirds and Warriors a couple years back.
4104535870_9cf3572690.jpg

Obsession at the same show
4093646761_d55165e771.jpg

A fake "Kate" at EQY back in '08
3066402501_a454bf9bc9.jpg

Raptor at Airventure '08
2740308764_cc8bfdbc01.jpg

Worry Bird, same show
2739459655_96d79b13c9.jpg

Jim Zazas, Jeff Michael, and the CHAC DC-3 over North Wilkesboro
2620225003_0098915b57.jpg

CHAC DC-3 on approach to CLT
1718347874_f5de7c06c6.jpg

B-25J "Panchito" coming into the airshow box back in '08 at Langley AFB
2616335659_caf128cc90.jpg

An old shot of my happy ass in the right seat of Panchito back in '08
gl9A2.jpg

Noticing a trend with the dates on these pictures? :sigh:

Welcome.

What article got PoA linked to Reddit? That's got me curious.

Geico forgot to mention that you also will be required to handle the fuel bills for the 5th person to welcome you for a month.
Oops, actually, it's the 9th person to welcome you, not the 5th. :) Looks like I'm the lucky winner!

Welcome to POA! You'll find the answer to every question (and more!) here! :lol:

Oops, actually, it's the 9th person to welcome you, not the 5th. :) Looks like I'm the lucky winner!

Welcome to POA! You'll find the answer to every question (and more!) here! :lol:

:nono: Tracy, you forgot rule 65.23 of the PoA handbook. In case of a rules dispute the default is to the member with the greatest total time in multi-engined amphibious helicopters. :happydance:

Oh, yeah....

Welcome! Some great pictures, particularly of the Raptor - what sort of camera/lens combo got that shot?

Back