New Book: Fifty Classic Destinations for Pilots

flybikeski

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Flybikeski
My new book..

Fifty Classic Destinations for Pilots. Epic Adventures, Romance and Outdoor Fun in the Western USA.

..is now available at www.fiftyclassics.com

This book isn't meant as a detailed guidebook with frequencies and telephone numbers but as an inspiring guide to the best flying destinations and flying adventures. The book is a large-format 8.5 x 11 inches with 190 full-color pages and lots of photography.
The adventures begin with forever-classics such as flying to Catalina Island, a romantic stay in Sedona or visiting Yosemite, Zion, Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks. The book then adds new-classics such as swimming down a slot canyon in Fry Canyon Utah, hiking to the Colorado River from Cliff Dweller's airstrip or a photography expedition to Mono Lake California. Some adventures are genuine epic adventures such as climbing Mt. Hood in Oregon or running the Colorado River down the Grand Canyon in Arizona while some are more relaxing such as having a romantic weekend getaway at a B&B in Mendocino or flight-seeing above the San Juan Islands in Washington.
The book is focused on the outdoors so please don't expect museums and a lot of big cities.
The book has only been out a few weeks but thankfully (and with a sigh of relief) I can report excellent reviews for the book. It should make a good gift. However if you get it and don't like, I'll gladly take it back.
Thank you,
Ney

Do you cover east of the Mississippi as well?

Nor Cal has a good group on the board. Welcome to PoA. Do you fly out of Placerville?

Welcome to the board,just finished a trip west this summer. Wish the book was out earlier.good luck.

Welcome to POA, Ney. I love your blog.

For those of you who don't know, Ney has a blog at westcoastflyingadventures.com with some great videos as well.

Welcome aboard. This is cause for a fly in!

Discount on Book: Fifty Classic Destinations for Pilots

Here is an update on the book: Aircraft Spruce has approved it and Sporty's gave it an initial thumbs up although it is in for final review. It has received great reviews so I'm pretty happy about that.

From now until next Friday you can use coupon code "blackfriday" to save 20% off the list price at www.fiftyclassics.com.

Another book update. Sporty's is now carrying the book. So you can get it there, Aircraft Spruce or www.fiftyclassis.com. It is received great reviews and it will arrive by Christmas with free shipping if you order by noon on Dec. 20th.

Great book! You have had some great adventures. I like that you included so many pictures.

Great book! You have had some great adventures. I like that you included so many pictures.

Thank you John!

Yes, one reviewer mentioned the variety and I did try for a variety of photos - aerial, externally mounted, adventures, scenic, people, volunteering missions, etc.

All using an iPhone!

Not really. I was actually sponsored by GoPro at Oshkosh for the following video: In Celebration of 100 Flying Adventures

- Ney

I just got my copy of the book. It's really good and the only problem is first I can't put it down and second, I just want to go fly! If you have any chance of doing some touring by airplane around the western US, you'll want this book. I live in Austin, TX but will be heading west in the Mooney this next summer without a doubt.

Thanks,

I just got my copy of the book. It's really good and the only problem is first I can't put it down and second, I just want to go fly! If you have any chance of doing some touring by airplane around the western US, you'll want this book. I live in Austin, TX but will be heading west in the Mooney this next summer without a doubt.

Thanks,

Thank you Paul. Geez, can I use your testimonial on my website?

Thanks, Ney

Yes of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy Holidays everyone and thank you!

I know for a fact that some of the traffic on my book website came from the Pilots of America board. I sold quite a few books leading up to Christmas and Aircraft Spruce even ran out twice and had to order more. Thanks again.

(Remember, if you want a discount, visit my blog first for a discount code: www.westcoastflyingadventures.com )

Ney

Back