Nebraska Registered SR-22 Down In Ohio

Why they rode it to the ground is the mystery. JMHO.

I mentioned before I rode a disabled Cirrus nearly all the way to the ground and never once thought of the chute until reminded by an observer - too late.

Fortunately in a simulator.

The problem is that without specific training, many pilots will simply never even consider the chute. Tunnel vision, Law of Primacy, whatever - it literally never crosses their mind.

Hence Rick Beach's emphasis on "Consider CAPS". At least have it leap to the forefront as a viable option early in a deteriorating situation.

That seems to be taking hold in the Cirrus Community and saving lives.

And, at the risk of being disciplined, the "Cirrus mafia" dig by another forum member was just retarded.

Initial eye witness reports said it was on fire prior to impact. Maybe they pulled it and it burned without blowing the panel due to ice?

I thought about that, but ice just isn't that tough, nor do I think it would be particularly thick, if existent, in that location.

Not necessarily. If the rocket motor is damaged by fire prior to the ignition it might burn in several directions negating the force needed to launch. Think catastrophic failure on launch. ;)

Rocket failure is not unheard of regardless the scale.

Post crash burn?

:dunno: It's one of a couple potential guesses. What was the orientation of the debris? Did the rocket fire pointed down after that segment broke over and had a 50g hit to the dirt?:dunno: No where near enough data to make anything out of it.

And, at the risk of being disciplined, the "Cirrus mafia" dig by another forum member was just retarded.

Nahhhh, Eddie, not retarded.

More likely he stumbled upon Greg's supply of penis enlargement pills.

Back