Name my dog

Jim K

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Digits
My wife is on the way home with a dog. Male Norwegian Elkhound. Said dog needs a name. I suggested "Eman1200", but Teresa says no. Her suggestion was "Malcom"(Reynolds). I also suggested "Archer", which the 11 year old really likes. The oldest suggested "Doc" which is my favorite so far, and the nine year old is really set on "Boeing" for some reason.

Name must be no more than two syllables and yellable. Bonus points for aviation-tangent names. Not doing "Cessna", "Beech", or "Mooney". "Piper" feels too girly.

Puppers in question:
IMG_20240608_175744085.jpg

We had a cat named Otto (for Lilienthal).

My wife is on the way home with a dog. Male Norwegian Elkhound. Said dog needs a name. I suggested "Eman1200", but Teresa says no. Her suggestion was "Malcom"(Reynolds). I also suggested "Archer", which the 11 year old really likes. The oldest suggested "Doc" which is my favorite so far, and the nine year old is really set on "Boeing" for some reason.

Name must be no more than two syllables and yellable. Bonus points for aviation-tangent names. Not doing "Cessna", "Beech", or "Mooney". "Piper" feels too girly.

Puppers in question:
View attachment 129823
Pavlov

Lindbergh

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

My last dog was Nitro who lived to 13years old.
Our current pup is Cruiser and he just turned 12 years old.
My wife an I came up with a good name for the next one but neither of us can remember what it was. lol

What’s your middle name? That way, when your wife says “dammit Jim Archer!” at least you’ll have a companion when you are in the dog house.

Snoopy or Prop Strike :biggrin:

Rudder
Wilbur
Aero
Rocket
Corsair
Lightning (for the P-38)
Wartdog, play on Warthog

If Boeing is in the running, make sure to consider Lockheed or Martin as well. :goofy:

Dog

(stolen from a John Wayne movie, admittedly a western - but the aviation relation could be whatever aircraft you consider to be a dog)

Zero if he's a dang no count dog.

Kiddin..
really after the plane.
Hmmm...Teresa's favorite movie is "The Nightmare Before Christmas", and Zero is Jack Skellington's dog's name.

Dog

(stolen from a John Wayne movie, admittedly a western - but the aviation relation could be whatever aircraft you consider to be a dog)

My take on that would be pronounced Dee-Oh-Gee ...

Where u been?
Busy with non-aviation work . . . but lurking on the forum, and couldn't resist chiming in on *this* thread.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

A consensus seems to be forming around "Tango", after we realized most of the phonetic alphabet makes reasonable dog names.

Arvey (after the RV, of course)
Our last dog was named "R. Lee" after R. Lee Ermey. In practice this turned into Arlee.

A consensus seems to be forming around "Tango", after we realized most of the phonetic alphabet makes reasonable dog names.

some people might be thinking of "Tango and Cash"

I always wanted to name a dog Steve. Steve the dog.

Baron
Bolter
Piet! Pietenpol when he’s in trouble. Bernard Pietenpol when REALLY in trouble…

Terps
Fizzdo
Center
TRSA
TFR (Tiffer)
Moa

Miranda Veracruz de la Jolla Cardinal

… that’s for you who know who that is…

V2

I always wanted to name a dog Steve.
I always wanted a dog named Frank. I could make introductions, ''Dogs name is Frank''.

We rescued a young puppy and named it Frank.

Ooops....After another look we changed it to Frankie, short for Francine...

Puppers in question:
View attachment 129823
more pix pls

Specifically of things little pupster is eating, or destroying… perhaps little adorable mannerisms… we something to work with.

Had a parrot once, wonderful bird. Deliberately didn’t name her* right away. Came home to find she chomped up a whole chair or something. I reactively blurted “oh, you have some ‘splainin to do!” Eureka! Lucy it was.

*had to be a girl parrot, it’s tongue was in my mouth and we took showers together. That’s all I got to say about that.

Many of these names are unique. I like that. When a new patient is brought into the clinic, brownie points are awarded if it has a fairly straightforward name that is not already in my (Huge) patient database. The clinic has been around for a few decades, so searching for Bella brings up WAY too many pets!

Back