Moline Il KMLI

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Have to go to a seminar in Moline first week of May. Anyone fly into KMLI? What is the FBO like? Anything unusual I have to be aware of?

Easy airport. Controllers are very GA friendly. Elliot is only FBO on-field and they aren't overly friendly to us small bug smashers, but they get the job done.

Nothing unusual there that I can think of. I did my PP-ASEL training there 15 years ago (holy cow, has it been that long!?) in a lowly 152 and never had any problems getting in/out.

Depending on where your conference is, you might want to look at Davenport (KDVN). It's outside the C airspace, but close enough that you can get easy service for IFR in/out of there. Smaller airport that has a more GA-friendly FBO.

Last edited:
Have to go to a seminar in Moline first week of May. Anyone fly into KMLI? What is the FBO like? Anything unusual I have to be aware of?

Flew into MLI on one of my first (student) solo cross-countries. They were very nice and never even yelled at me when I took off on the wrong runway.

Things might have changed tho...that was 1971 :rolleyes2:

Jim

Last edited:
May 9. & 10 there is a terrific airshow at the nearby Davenport airport. Blue Angels, among others.

Back