Midwest POA June Brunch: June 22, 2024 1000 CDT, The Jet Room at KMSN, Madison, WI.

Looks like I might be doing a sailing race from Chicago to Waukegan and back on the 22nd & 23rd.

a friend buzzed another friend's boat on the lake this weekend but you'd never know it cause they DIDN'T GET ANY VIDEO OF IT AAARRRGGGHHHHHhhhhhh!

Last edited:
Geneseo, IL will be having a pancake breakfast on June 16th (Father's Day). Airport is 3G8. 2600' grass strip. 09/27

Come on over

I am begrudgingly going to be camping with my family and in-laws. I was going to take my older son to Flite Fest that weekend, but my wife didn't think I was serious about that. Grrrrrr.

How have we not done Jet Room as a group? Seemingly not, so that gets my vote for this Saturday. Regardless, @Jim K should probably pick the place ASAP so everyone can get dialed in.

How have we not done Jet Room as a group? Seemingly not, so that gets my vote for this Saturday. Regardless, @Jim K should probably pick the place ASAP so everyone can get dialed in.
Oh yeah. Thanks for the nudge. Let's do the Jet Room. Call it...1100 brunch so you can have eggs benny or a burger (both excellent there) without feeling weird.

Looking for activities in Madison or somewhere nearby to fly to so we can make it into a day with the family.... originally I was hoping to make this a hopping off point to go up to Mackinac Island but it looks like it's going to be raining up there all weekend.

Looking for activities in Madison or somewhere nearby to fly to so we can make it into a day with the family.... originally I was hoping to make this a hopping off point to go up to Mackinac Island but it looks like it's going to be raining up there all weekend.
Borrow a crew car and hit the capital. It’s pretty nice.

I’m in For Saturday morning at Jet Room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Feh

What sorts of things does your family enjoy doing, or what are they interested in?

Borrow a crew car and hit the capital. It’s pretty nice.
And on the way out, be sure to ask clearance delivery for a city tour - They generally don't tell you what to do, but all it really is, is heading towards downtown and circling the capitol, convention center, stadium, campus, etc... It's pretty cool.

Devils Lake State Park is an amazing place to spend the day. Hiking, rock climbing, the lake. You could go from Madison or fly into KDLL or 91C. (If you zoom in on the rocks toward the top - you’ll see some climbers) IMG_0211.jpeg

Last edited:
Odds are not great that my ******* alternator issue will be fixed by then.
Plane came outta annual worse than when it went in! :mad:

(if that changes, I'll let y'all know and will join)

Spousal attendance?????
My wife and 5yo are planning on going.

What sorts of things does your family enjoy doing, or what are they interested in?
My kid likes anything involving vehicles- airplanes, cars, air shows, races. They like zoos, aquariums, that sort of stuff. My wife will probably find a bunch of stuff by the weekend.

We want to go, but we have a graduation party in the afternoon. If this was 11AM EDT that would make it better for us. Still might try and make it.

We want to go, but we have a graduation party in the afternoon. If this was 11AM EDT that would make it better for us. Still might try and make it.
I'm good with 1000 central.... Everyone else?

Reactions: Feh
10 am CDT works for me as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My kid likes anything involving vehicles- airplanes, cars, air shows, races. They like zoos, aquariums, that sort of stuff. My wife will probably find a bunch of stuff by the weekend.

You may find that you don't need to go anywhere if he likes airplanes! One of the things I really like about MSN is the wide variety of traffic. You probably won't see any airliners on the East ramp on Saturday, they're usually there for sports charters for UW teams and there's not much going on during summer for college sports, but there's a chance. The actual airline flights are on the west side of the airport - Mostly RJs and A320 variants, but too far away to really see. There's also the 115th Fighter Wing F35s based on the South ramp that is much closer, but you probably won't see them unless they're out and about. However, since they're an ANG wing, they often do their flight exercises on Saturdays. However, all of the transient military traffic goes to the East (GA) Ramp, not the fighter wing. I've seen Harriers, Hornets, etc up close and personal there, and even one of the few C130s that has skis! There's a fair amount of bizjet traffic, and lots of training, transient and local GA. Kind of a little bit of everything there.

The other thing that jumped out at me is "zoos" - The Henry Vilas Zoo is good, and free.

For races, there isn't anything right in Madison but there are events nearby at Madison International Speedway on Friday night with fireworks, Jefferson Speedway on Saturday, and Angell Park Speedway on Sunday if you really want to make a weekend out of it! If you're into dirt track bike stuff there's Aztalan for a future trip, but they don't have anything going on this weekend and it's closer to KRYV anyway. Another future trip idea for you is to go to Hartford KHXF and head to the Wisconsin Automotive Museum, located inside the former factory of the Kissel Motor Car Company.

Finally, there's also a good Children's Museum that you can get into for free with your EAA membership, and if your kid needs to "get some wiggles out" after being in the plane, you could also stick 'em on a trampoline at Urban Air or Sky Zone but that is... NOT free.

Hope this helps, have fun! Wish I could be there.

Back